• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (H) FA Cup 3rd Rnd Replay 16/1 - Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The A14 is pretty much always closed at night. Have no idea what they find to do there but it must be serious...

I can respect the idea that JG's ceiling is higher but "anywhere near" I'd definitely file as "harsh".

Very unlike me to give a player from Ligue 1 a massive benefit of the doubt, granted. ;)

That said, João's ability to adapt to this league so quickly at his age (and given the gap between the Prem and Liga do Brasil) has been nothing short of incredible, no argument there. JR clearly in need of more time than that.

Bellegarde is alright. He's a good squad member and I'm glad we signed him, he offers us a lot of flexibility and a different option off the bench or Vs certain teams but this will most likely be the highest level he plays at in his career.

When João Gomes moves on from Wolves (hopefully not for a long time) it'll be to a top team for mega money.

Lemina was supposed to be available for this. I didn't see him in any of the Abu Dhabi photos though.
Mario Lemina is back with the group today and Gary O’Neil is hopeful he will be in the squad tomorrow via Nathan Judah.

Keith Andrews and Paul Ince can't have been very dynamic either.

Check this team from Nov 2014. Lost 3-0 to Forest. Take Sako out and absolutely no-one has any pace at all

-------------------Ikeme------------------

Doherty-----Batth-----Ebanks-Landell----Ricketts

Henry-------McDonald-----Rowe-------Sako

-------------------Edwards--------------------

-------------------D Graham------------------

Check this team from Nov 2014. Lost 3-0 to Forest. Take Sako out and absolutely no-one has any pace at all

-------------------Ikeme------------------

Ricketts-----Batth-----Ebanks-Landell----Doherty

Henry-------McDonald-----Rowe-------Sako

-------------------Edwards--------------------

-------------------D Graham------------------

Fucking Doherty that game, what an idiot.

If you had told me after that game that he'd still be here 9 years later I'd probably have broken down crying.

If you had told me after that game that he'd still be here 9 years later I'd probably have broken down crying.
Antonio (still a wide player then) absolutely rinsed him after about 90 seconds and he gave up. Halford vs Blues levels of shithouse behaviour, only Ken left him on for the whole game whereas Mick hauled Quadbike Greg off inside half an hour and more or less never picked him again.

Worse still that we managed to get rid of him then brought him fucking back!

Antonio (still a wide player then) absolutely rinsed him after about 90 seconds and he gave up. Halford vs Blues levels of shithouse behaviour, only Ken left him on for the whole game whereas Mick hauled Quadbike Greg off inside half an hour and more or less never picked him again.

Yep. Beat him in the air in the first minute and you could literally see Doherty decide there and then that he was just going to have a shit game.

Are we using this thread as the match thread then? Not seeing another one with quiz a la Deutsch.

If so I'll sort the thread title.

Yep. Beat him in the air in the first minute and you could literally see Doherty decide there and then that he was just going to have a shit game.
I sat about three rows behind @Kenny then. His entertainment during that November run of doom was turning around whenever Doherty got walked past and seeing just how hard I was seething.

Strong as possible for me given the squad. Ideally let's try and get it won as quickly as possible and bring a few kids on second half.

........................... Sa

........ Kilman - Dawson - Toti

Semedo - Lemina - Doyle - Bueno

.............Neto - Cunha - Bellegarde

He decides? I always presumed it was his default setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back