• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (A) 2/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

This point could be what gets us there.......

I think given our squad options, we could go on a good run at the back end when players are back, so a point here might be key. Much as it seems meh right now.
Have you seen who we have to play?

We need to try and take the sting out of them, not rush stuff. Nearly cost us.

We're just trying to lose this now.... stupid quick free kick from Ait-Nouri gives the ball to them and then Doc decides to do a Messi around his own box....

Something something win at home, something something draw away...
Or beat the shit teams then you don't have to rely on a surprise result against any of the three teams in the tightest title race for years. If we're sitting back against Burnley because "they need the points more" then we may aswell stay on the coach against City, Liverpool and Arsenal

I know we’ve been able to hide him quite well in this game but there’s quite a few moments where you realise how out of his depth doc is at this level

Or beat the shit teams then you don't have to rely on a surprise result against any of the three teams in the tightest title race for years. If we're sitting back against Burnley because "they need the points more" then we may aswell stay on the coach against City, Liverpool and Arsenal
You've got to play in the game you're in though.

I don't necessarily disagree; it's always better to win, of course.

Still not sure I buy that any team at this level is properly "shit"; certainly there are no matches in this league that I would classify as guaranteed wins given our stature.

The notion we are getting anything from City in the last month when they roll over everyone or against Liverpool in Klopp's last game at Anfield is for the birds

Still not sure I buy that any team at this level is properly "shit"; certainly there are no matches in this league that I would qualify as guaranteed wins given our stature.
Yeah it's pretty entitled to suggest we should just turn up and beat anyone in this league, especially at this stage of the season AND given our pathetic attacking options. Their forwards would have started for us today for example.

Still not sure I buy that any team at this level is properly "shit"; certainly there are no matches in this league that I would classify as guaranteed wins given our stature.
It’s not that Burnley are shit but we are capable of beating them if we have a proper go at it.

Ref has been utterly wank for both teams... a point it is.

Yeah it's pretty entitled to suggest we should just turn up and beat anyone in this league, especially at this stage of the season AND given our pathetic attacking options. Their forwards would have started for us today for example.
I wouldn't expect us to beat anyone with Chiwome and Sarabia up top. Che Adams walks into our side at the moment. Fucking Fosun.

Back