• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace (H) 11/5: Build-Up & Match Thread

Look at tomorrow's opponents. Smaller ground than us, knocked around upper mid-table and no more for a decade. Got to fund building a new stand soon. They can afford players and we can't, but we've brought in way more through sales in the last 4 years than they have.

At what point do you realise this doesn't add up.

Look at tomorrow's opponents. Smaller ground than us, knocked around upper mid-table and no more for a decade. Got to fund building a new stand soon. They can afford players and we can't, but we've brought in way more through sales in the last 4 years than they have.

It's just an annual circle, we are a week or so off the online justification of price increases with 'It's necessary to compete' without working out the total increase will pay an average PL wage for about 4 months.

Do you want to end up like Everton do you, eh eh.

No, not really. I'd like us to spend the money that the club generates.

Taking the "OMG" nature away from this though..

Part of what GO has said is pretty much what we have been building up to since Day 1 with Fosun
Sign players - they become good - sell for profit - reinvest in 2 or 3 - repeat

So that part is to be expected...the no other money is a bag of fucking nails though and sets us up for a disaster (ignoring buy to sell comes with its own risks) but GO has been kind of vague with the "I think" nature of it. Not sure if some clever plan to make Hobbs or Jeff say "GO thinks incorrectly" or what or is GO starting his Lopetegui move I don't know

The fact Liam has come out with his comments shows its not a broadcast from the club just yet.

Taking the "OMG" nature away from this though..

Part of what GO has said is pretty much what we have been building up to since Day 1 with Fosun
Sign players - they become good - sell for profit - reinvest in 2 or 3 - repeat

So that part is to be expected...the no other money is a bag of fucking nails though and sets us up for a disaster (ignoring buy to sell comes with its own risks) but GO has been kind of vague with the "I think" nature of it. Not sure if some clever plan to make Hobbs or Jeff say "GO thinks incorrectly" or what or is GO starting his Lopetegui move I don't know

The fact Liam has come out with his comments shows its not a broadcast from the club just yet.
I'm not sure it can or should be ignored tbf.

By the current strategy, such as it appears to be, Fosun are basically saying we need to purchase at least one player who doubles their value every window. We don't, and suddenly we have no saleable assets at all and we're just shuffling pennies around. The risks of each strategy magnify each other.

If they hold to this, it will severely suffocate my interest whilst they're owners.

By the current strategy, such as it appears to be, Fosun are basically saying we need to purchase at least one player who doubles their value every window. We don't, and suddenly we have no saleable assets at all and we're just shuffling pennies around.

If they hold to this, it will severely suffocate my interest whilst they're owners.

Even if they do manage to sell a player for big money every window, they will eventually not hit on the players they bring in with that money - there are so many examples where this kind of strategy bites and it doesn't usually take to long for it to do so. Look at the incomings this season - new signings that were for the first team squad were Doherty, Doyle, Bellegarde and Bueno - big trouble is afoot if this kind of business becomes the norm.

Even if they do manage to sell a player for big money every window, they will eventually not hit on the players they bring in with that money - there are so many examples where this kind of strategy bites and it doesn't usually take to long for it to do so. Look at the incomings this season - new signings that were for the first team squad were Doherty, Doyle, Bellegarde and Bueno - big trouble is afoot if this kind of business becomes the norm.
Precisely. At which point we can't get a profit off who we have and then we become "stuck". It's begging for an implosion.

And you have to factor in natural wastage. Dawson probably only has one year left at this level, Lemina is 31 in September, Sarabia is 32 tomorrow, Semedo is 31 in November, these are players that will run out of road sooner rather than later and they play all the time for us at the moment.

Only saying it in the context of what the Fosun plan is - Not a run down of the plus points and negative points of said plan but just that they have wanted to go down this route since coming in but for whatever Jeff/Jorge reasons it never happened and now they are doing it and it seems that we are full steam into it as well, but we have known this has been coming for a while so its no real shock what GO has said today....and I think as it stands, he has gone rogue a little bit.

Not the message the club will want out pre-ST price release
Clearly not a club released message as the usual people who carry this stuff for Wolves have made a point to say "its not needed for any FFP reasons"

I might be million miles off but does feel like a possible start of GO engineering his departure in a less twatty way than Lop did.

I don’t blame Lop for going and I wouldn’t blame GON either. In different ways they’ve both come in and got the club out of the sht only to be let down by the ownership. I wouldn’t see any reason for Lop to be more vilified than GON for doing so, but some people are too wedded to their opinion on that. Anyway, what an appalling shambles our owners are.

I don’t blame Lop for going and I wouldn’t blame GON either. In different ways they’ve both come in and got the club out of the sht only to be let down by the ownership. I wouldn’t see any reason for Lop to be more vilified than GON for doing so, but some people are too wedded to their opinion on that. Anyway, what an appalling shambles our owners are.
What DW says. And how can people be wedded to an opinion on something which hasn’t happened?

Could they be playing the pauper card re asking prices?

Reverse it..

If Glasner came out and said Crystal Palace don't have a pot to piss in, then offered us £10m for Joao Gomes do you think we'd take pity and sell under our valuation?

If we wouldn't, why would anybody else?

We're just run by disinterested incompetent cunts. No more no less.

If anything it works the other way. You've got a player we want, we know you need the money, here's £5-10m below what he's worth take it or leave it.

Upper mid-table is doing some heavy lifting. One top half (10th) in their ten years in the PL.

Attachments

• IMG_8490.png
    IMG_8490.png
    430.9 KB · Views: 6
Back