• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Edinburgh Fringe 2023 - Best Joke Award

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Top 10 jokes​

1. I started dating a zookeeper, but it turned out he was a cheetah. Lorna Rose Treen 44%
  2. The most British thing I’ve ever heard? A lady who said ‘Well I’m sorry, but I don’t apologise.’ Liz Guterbock 41%
  3. Last year I had a great joke about inflation. But it’s hardly worth it now. Amos Gill 40%
  4. When women gossip we get called bitchy; but when men do it’s called a podcast. Sikisa 34%
  5. I thought I’d start off with a joke about The Titanic – just to break the ice. Masai Graham 33%
  6. How do coeliac Germans greet each other? Gluten tag. Frank Lavender 32%
  7. My friend got locked in a coffee place overnight. Now he only ever goes into Starbucks, not the rivals. He’s Costa-phobic. Roger Swift 29%
  8. I entered the ‘How not to surrender’ competition and I won hands down. Bennett Arron 29%
  9. Nationwide must have looked pretty silly when they opened their first branch. William Stone 28%
  10. My grandma describes herself as being in her ‘twilight years’ which I love because they’re great films. Daniel Foxx 26%

Good god this year's winner is rubbish, even more so than normal. It barely works as a joke as it doesn't really make any sense, and even then it's better written down than said out loud. No.8 is probably my favourite.

The fringe is really going downhill, gouging landlords pricing too many people out. This meagre crop is the result of that.

I mean 5 combines being obvious, unfunny, and old as the hills.

Some Frank would be proud of

3 & 9.
Have to say these jokes are as funny as Frank's photographs around 'Mabo' are wonderful.

They just showed the winner on sky news, and it's far, far worse to see and hear than it is to read.

They're all fucking terrible.

9 & 2. (Do these people actually get paid?)

Stewart Francis one raised a smile. The rest again were fucking dire.

Of those sort of things

Milton Jones
“Would the winner of the 400 metre butterfly please make themselves known at reception so they can pick up their enormous insect”

The pun jokes at Edinburgh are normally dominated by Tim Vine and Milton Jones.

Tim Vine has had some brilliant ones that didn't win over the years

3 and 9 pick of that lot. The winner is the kind of joke a 7 year old would come up with.

The pun jokes at Edinburgh are normally dominated by Tim Vine and Milton Jones.

Tim Vine has had some brilliant ones that didn't win over the years
Gary Delaney is one of my favourites.

Nothing from Jerry Sadowitz on the list this year.

Back