• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2020

England squad seems to be leaking more than a Johnson covid announcement

Reece James has been included in England's provisional squad for Euro 2020.

The Athletic understands James will be named in Gareth Southgate's expanded selection at 1pm on Tuesday. The right-back has had an impressive season for Chelsea.

James, 21, has six caps for the senior side. He made his debut for England in October 2020, playing in a 3-0 win over Wales.

I am a huge fan of James. Him and Trent are the way forward for a number of years. Just think TAA should be in this squad but think Dan is probably right about Southgate's viewpoint.

I suppose the thing is Southgate likes players who've performed for him and he trusts. I don't think Trent has had any good games for England.
Yep, and in the past managers were criticised (and rightly so) for picking players who didn't do well for England, now GS is getting criticism for the opposite.

Does Godfrey and Ben White being called up suggest that Coady won't be?

More cover for Maguire perhaps?

E2O2F8VXMAkW21H

No Dier which I'm pleased about (been rank for 3-4 years now) but surprised.

Ramsdale, White (should be Mings but won't be), Lingard and Watkins should be the four to be cut from that list.

He's named 33, so 7 need to go.

Would imagine Ramsdale, Trent, Godfrey, White, JWP, Saka and Watkins.

Lingard will go I think, midfield looks light really tho. I'd say Ramsdale, White, JWP & Watkins

If its 7 add Godfrey, Grealish & Phillips

Lingard's never going to play, waste of a spot. He only got back in the squad because Grealish, Maddison, Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho were all injured at the same time.

Ramsdale, Godfrey, White/Maguire, spin the wheel to get rid of a right back, Lingard, Henderson/JWP, Watkins and Greenwood to miss out.

I think he'll take JWP for set pieces. Chuck him on with 20 to go if we're losing.

I don't like him much as a footballer overall but I can see that being the thinking.

Ramsdale, Godfrey, White/Maguire, spin the wheel to get rid of a right back, Lingard, Henderson/JWP, Watkins and Greenwood to miss out.
Yeah that looks about right to me. There'll likely be an injury as well.

Upson and Mills leaving Coady out on SSN but instead take Ben White and 4 RBs. I could argue 3 RBs as Walker would most likely play RCB in a 3 but 4 would just be ridiculous.

Back