• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ever changing face of Wolves

Used to go in there 1988-91ish, until it closed down (when new town hall tavern opened up on North Street) . Wasn't rockers place much then although a few in, more for young uns, was very few pubs in town for 18-25 in them days.

Regular haunt for me and my Wife when we were courting, ‘courting’, there’s a new one for the youts

Last edited:
Just found this. I used to go to the Tav regularly on Friday evenings, some Saturday lunchtimes and Saturday nights in the mid to late 70s when I was 16-19. Great atmosphere complemented by two? pin ball machines to the right by the main entrance. I vaguely remember a bar billiards table? - is that true? There was a pool table further down at the back but the two pieces de resistance were no windows and the best selection of heavy rock music you can imagine on the juke box just inside the main entrance to the left. The Hells Angels were VIPs including Big John and they knew it was their place. One Saturday afternoon some misguided Leeds - or was it Chelsea? - fans kicked over a HA bike or two before the Saturday afternoon match. Let's say they regretted it immediately. I moved away from Wolves and sadly it became just a memory. An iconic bar at the time even though it was an M&B pub!

Back