• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

Not saying sign him but he is a player GO would like. As you say he can cover midfield and defence and would have been a perfect squad player for our last game.
Yeah it'd hardly set the pulses racing at all, and there would be some frothing. But it wouldn't be the worst signing in the world.

Donck gets a bit of a rough ride, from Christmas 2018 to the end of 2019/20 he was very good, absolutely pocketed Pogba twice in short succession at Molineux.

Dropped off horribly thereafter and Lage using him to do some aimless running up and down the right hand channel was seriously grim. I wouldn't want him back but I have a fair few decent memories of him and we got all our money back for him too.

Dendoncker was rubbish in his last season here. He could do a job in certain situations but he's not a good footballer and I wouldn't want him back at all. He would be our 4th best CM at best and he doesn't improve us at the back.

There’s a poster from the north east who is currently choking on his cornflakes at the mere mention of the possibility of bringing him back.

Can't remember what season it was but he had a period of being used as an attacking or box to box midfielder and early season got into some excellent goal scoring positions but fluffed his lines, after that he seemed to regress quite badly.

I would pay £9m just to watch his unique running style. Rigid body shape as he went through the gears

Can't remember what season it was but he had a period of being used as an attacking or box to box midfielder and early season got into some excellent goal scoring positions but fluffed his lines, after that he seemed to regress quite badly.
If he'd have converted about half of his chances thay season he'd have scored 10 goals.

The sort of goal he scored against Fulham, West Ham and Everton he should have scored far more often.

And I'll never forgive him for that ridiculously unnecessary challenge on Deeney at Wembley. 😭

If he'd have converted about half of his chances thay season he'd have scored 10 goals.

The sort of goal he scored against Fulham, West Ham and Everton he should have scored far more often.

And I'll never forgive him for that ridiculously unnecessary challenge on Deeney at Wembley. 😭
Yeah maybe, although I think you're being a bit hyperbolic. Probably 5 or 6 goals and although he gave away the penalty the whole team was garbage from about 75 minutes, never seen us so ragged defensively under Nuno.

Yeah maybe, although I think you're being a bit hyperbolic. Probably 5 or 6 goals and although he gave away the penalty the whole team was garbage from about 75 minutes, never seen us so ragged defensively under Nuno.
Jota was getting the ball, keeping possession, and then carrying it far into Watford territory. Once he was taken off it went pear shaped. We coped brilliantly for 3 years in holding leads but it went to pot on the occasion it was needed most.
Still gutted!😞

Tbf weren't there only about 2 minutes between Jota going off and the penalty (dive btw) being given?

The issue was that aside from the psychological blow of throwing away a 2-0 lead - Doherty should have made it 3-0 as well - we now had extra time to face without Neves and Jota, and we'd done that voluntarily.

That’s me schooled again. My memory had Jota going off with 10 minutes or so remaining. Those last few minutes must have seemed to take longer than I imagined.

Back