• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

That's funny, Del and if true, I'm concerned, very concerned.

I do a daily podcast for the fans on the way into work in the car.

When I was getting grief from the ex-wife for staying up all night, I'd go to bed at the same time as her, but set my alarm for 2 hours later. I'd wake up all ninja style, and sneak downstairs. First thing first - got a glass of water that I'd start walking up the stairs with as soon as I heard a noise as my cover.

I do actual press conferences post game, and for new signings. Not the game ones, *actual* talking.

I have also woke the family up whilst celebrating a goal. It was only an equaliser away at Man City, when I was firmly in midtable, but I'd came from 3-0 down and made some radical tactical changes (4-1-2-1-2 to a 3-2-2-3 (new to the players) and felt vindicated. I then went to a 5-4-1 to protect my point...

I've thrown a full can of Pepsi (I had a contract with them/lots in the fridge) at the wall when I missed out on the signing of Jonas Lunden one pre-season.

I've also put on a suit for a cup final.

My biggest achievement was on the 21st of May, 2022 - 4071 days after I took the job of managing League 2 Rotherham - the day The Millers became Champions of Europe.

165 players bought, for £301m. 245 players sold or released, for £269m. A game that I'd been playing for 8 days, 1 hour and 3 minutes. Never has a victory smelled so sweet.

I was rewarded three seasons later, after winning a further 2 CL's and one Premier League with this:

delwoppiopark.jpg

I fucking love this game.

Erm...... next time i'll just carry on walking!!! :)

Does anyone play Hattrick??

Is there anywhere I can download old Championship manager games legally for a netbook....I can't play the new ones because the netbooks arent powerful enough.

The Championship Manager website used to have the 01/02 version as a free download, just put it straight on a CD and play. Not sure if it's still on there though.

The Championship Manager website used to have the 01/02 version as a free download, just put it straight on a CD and play. Not sure if it's still on there though.

It should be. The cm0102 forum is the only other forum I use regularly. It's pretty easy to download, I do it without a CD.

It only took you 8 days to reach 2022? I'm in 2015 and my game time is in excess of 13 days, although I do leave it on without playing it quite a lot. Currently won 9 out of 9 in season 6 and top of my Champions League group.

But just lost in the League Cup to Championship Southampton. Typical.

I have to admit that I was due to go out for a mate's leaving do when I lived in Manchester, but I lost the Champions League final to Bayern Munich on pens after being 2-0 up at half time. I was so upset, I couldn't face going out, so I stayed in with a bottle of wine, and was ruthless in the following pre-season.

Luckily, I didn't like the bloke very much.

Alright this is way, way more in depth than I was expecting. I'm not even really sure what to do.

continues blindly fumbling around interface

Well after reading this thread i was tempted to try and have a go at something on the newest version of FM that i'd barely played. So i thought about trying to recreate my amazing achievements with Stafford Rangers but instead i'm going to attempt similar feats with AFC Telford starting in Blue SQ North.

Forgot to mention my current progress.

After 9 games, 7 wins and 2 draws, i sit top of the league 3 points clear of 2nd placed Blyth.

Last edited:
Well after reading this thread i was tempted to try and have a go at something on the newest version of FM that i'd barely played. So i thought about trying to recreate my amazing achievements with Stafford Rangers but instead i'm going to attempt similar feats with AFC Telford starting in Blue SQ North.

You can get an add-on for Football Manager 2011 which extends the pyramid right down to Level 11. I'm currently playing as Wednesfield, and won the West Midlands league last season. It's really a completely different game down at that level, with amateur players, zero money and attendances of 150 or so...

I have two games going. My main Wolves game is looking fine - about to get into the league cup final in season 3 and comfortably into the later stages of the Europa league. Two games in hand mean I am sitting in sixth, which is a pain in the arse.

My non-league game is Bath City and I am pretty accurately mirroring the real side's conference performance as I sit in 13th.

Won the treble last season, in contention to defend my three titles in the current season although I've been knocked out the League Cup by lower league opposition again.

I didn't find it quite amusing earlier, before a game against Solihull Moors there was a news story commenting that i'd have a strong away following of around 50.

Currently Brighton trying to get them up to the Championship before there new stadium is built! Currently sitting pretty at the top in November with a 4 point cushion!

I'm back on CM 01/02 and its brilliant. Got all the updates going on and top of the Prem with Wolves at present...

Its universally accepted as being the best Championship manager/football manager ever....

Not universally...

It has a big existing fanbase but I find it to be very dull and uninvolving these days. Sign some players, set up your team, press continue endlessly. Plus there are way too many cheat players and formations.

I might have to check it out then... FM 11 confuses me though, I doubt I'll have any more success with a different version. :D

I find it hard to believe a 10 year old game can be the "best" version though... Surely?

Not universally...

It has a big existing fanbase but I find it to be very dull and uninvolving these days. Sign some players, set up your team, press continue endlessly. Plus there are way too many cheat players and formations.

Yes universally...

Back