• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I'm working on it! Atlanta is obviously a beast in its own right; it's a different kind of suffering. :D

Next time I drive down there, I'll sneak some pics of the "Sons of the Confederacy" outpost that's on the route.

Sadly, that's not just a joke.
I went to Stone Mountain country park without really understanding what it was until I was there. Very big with visitors from Texas.

I went to Stone Mountain country park without really understanding what it was until I was there. Very big with visitors from Texas.
"Robert E. Lee Boulevard" didn't give it away? ;) (Actually, I realize now that Lee is probably not a figure most in the UK would know)

It's apparently in really bad shape these days.

"Robert E. Lee Boulevard" didn't give it away? ;)

It's apparently in really bad shape these days.
Read the blurb about it being the largest mountain sculpture in the world and larger than Mt Rushmore without paying too much attention. If you park the subject matter it's an impressive spectacle. The surrounding area is indeed tired

Was there a few years back....it was fuckin warm

1715358494653.png

I had a few hours to spare from my drive back from Nashville to Atlanta airport.....so naturally spent $10 to park so I could see a racist landmark.

If you squint hard enough, the middle one looks like Abraham Lincoln?

Don't tell the chiselers.

@Alan -Been about 12 hours since my original post
Bagged a seat yet? lol
Just for the record we got tickets in section 123 15th row up from the front! :D

Also star of my dad's favourite song - Virginia Plain by Roxy Music

I had a few hours to spare from my drive back from Nashville to Atlanta airport.....so naturally spent $10 to park so I could see a racist landmark.
So what are you saying? Should we demolish it, ignore it or learn from it?

Read the blurb about it being the largest mountain sculpture in the world and larger than Mt Rushmore without paying too much attention. If you park the subject matter it's an impressive spectacle. The surrounding area is indeed tired
It's a bloody long walk uphill. I was there last Summer and wisely took the tram uphill and walked down. I felt sick for those attempting to go up ...and there were people of all races and nationalities doing so.

There's a bunch of extra discounts on the wolves online shop today, got myself one of those turquoisy hoodies and a shirt for til for like £40

So what are you saying? Should we demolish it, ignore it or learn from it?
I am saying nothing for any of the options you have listed or any options you haven't.
Just saying I visited it, paid to do so and a mild quip based on a previous comment on the monument. Not meant to be dug any deeper than that

Back