• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Israel-Palestine

I think that is rather low on the list of shit about this
Obviously, but usually when governments controvene International law they get suspended by FIFA.

Not Israel though, which is telling, no?

Palestine are bothered enough too, even if you aren't.

Obviously, but usually when governments controvene International law they get suspended by FIFA.

Not Israel though.

Palestine are bothered enough too, even if you aren't.

They say they aren't and most of the major Western countries seem happy to just accept their word on that. Whilst that remains the case there's little FIFA or UEFA can do.

I didn’t say I wasn’t bothered.

stopping people being bombed or starved is the priority, and an Israel football match does fuck all there.

If you REALLy think FIFA are interested look at the war monger wankers they give tournaments to.

They say they aren't and most of the major Western countries seem happy to just accept their word on that. Whilst that remains the case there's little FIFA or UEFA can do.
Russia didn't/don't think they are/were doing anything wrong either, they swiftly got banned.

I didn’t say I wasn’t bothered.

stopping people being bombed or starved is the priority, and an Israel football match does fuck all there.

If you REALLy think FIFA are interested look at the war monger wankers they give tournaments to.
Well banning them from international football would raise the profile of what they're doing, even it was 5% more, that can only be a good thing.

It won’t happen. See Russia 2018. See Club World Championships and under 17 World Cup permanently in Saudi.

FIFA don’t give a fuck.

Well banning them from international football would raise the profile of what they're doing, even it was 5% more, that can only be a good thing.

Can't be many people out there who are currently unaware of what's going on over there but would suddenly find it horrifying if they did a bit of further reading off the back of the football team being banned.

Israeli fighter jets have targeted a residential house here near the vicinity of the Kuwait Hospital.

There has been active drone surveillance in the central areas of Rafah and near the hospital.

Several people have been killed in overnight air raids in areas that are considered to have a high population of evacuees.

Many of these homes were next to agricultural land crowded with makeshift shelters for displaced people in the Gaza Strip.

It's only taken 35,000 deaths.
Late to the party, but given gun control here, us acting over 35,000 deaths seem uncharacteristically charitable.

This nation’s government is a disgusting, rabid beast. The dead Gazans have little part in our leaders “seeing the light”; it’ll only ever be when politically or fiscally advantageous.

If they just don't stop, how long before they try sanctions? And when they don't work, will military action be on the table?

The U.S. is the monster
Actually, IMO the US is the head of the monster. The monster is the economic system that breeds greed, corruption and imperialism, that allows billions of people to live in abject poverty, that allows a handful of people to have more wealth than the majority of the world's population combined, that continues to push for 'growth, growth, growth' even when that growth is ultimately leading to the self-destruction of the planet we live on. What Israel is doing in Gaza is a symptom of that economic system.

Actually, IMO the US is the head of the monster. The monster is the economic system that breeds greed, corruption and imperialism, that allows billions of people to live in abject poverty, that allows a handful of people to have more wealth than the majority of the world's population combined, that continues to push for 'growth, growth, growth' even when that growth is ultimately leading to the self-destruction of the planet we live on. What Israel is doing in Gaza is a symptom of that economic system.
I don't totally disagree, who could? But I suppose when we say 'the U.S.' we mean a fairly small group of individuals. These individuals have no allegiance to the U.S. or the U.K. or the E.U. etc imo. They would happily wipe out huge swathes of their own populations besides anyone elses if it served their purpose. Their only allegiance is to themselves and their power and wealth.

3 marked aid vehicles, a mile apart from each other, in a supposed area where there is no military operations in Gaza, all hit by missiles. It was no accident.

Back