• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

It's an interesting dynamic, because if you look at inner London in the Council elections that was a factor, but in the Mayoral race with a Muslim candidate it wasn't, although no obvious alternative place for that vote to go as far as I can see
Khan made it clear he disagreed with the national party's equivocation over Gaza, though.

But overall, as much as there was a huge amount of stuff going around local whatsapp groups and whatnot about it, every single person I know who normally votes Green first choice/Labour second just went for Khan this time. Anecdotal of course, but from the final votes it looks like that must have been a common decision.

The whole concept of this ethnic group always votes *this* way is totally weird anyway imo.
Is it? If you look at the areas of Britain where there are higher ethnic minorities, they are generally more likely to vote Labour - historically.

Is it? If you look at the areas of Britain where there are higher ethnic minorities, they are generally more likely to vote Labour - historically.
Perhaps, it’s overly simplistic though - you could argue those areas and economically disadvantaged areas in general would be way more likely to vote labour any way.

Fair.

I also think it's fair to say Labour's stance in Palestine would have effected the Labour vote, and may do in a GE too.

Definitely - if Street does retain his job it's 100% because of Labour's stance on Gaza

Definitely - if Street does retain his job it's 100% because of Labour's stance on Gaza
Yep, but saying this is down to Muslim voters only is wrong. Plenty of EP* types who’d not vote Labour for the same reason.

*assuming EP is not Muslim

Yep, but saying this is down to Muslim voters only is wrong. Plenty of EP* types who’d not vote Labour for the same reason.

*assuming EP is not Muslim

I dunno. I hate the Labour Party's stance on Gaza, but I ticked every Labour box without a seconds thought. You can be as sympathetic with a people's plight as you like but when it's literally 'your people' dying you're bound to find it harder/impossible to hold your nose and tick the box, especially when there's a Muslim independent campaigning in the mayoralty specifically and near exclusively on Gaza.

Either way, it was not only a poor moral choice to be so passive regarding Israel, but also a poor one strategically.

4 weeks ago she was actively campaigning for the Conservatives against Labour. Saul would be proud of that conversion speed.

Not standing at the next GE apparently. Sweetens the pill a little because all it does is make Booster Seat look very weak, but I'd still have said no.

Back