• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil Confirmed

Lemina was a far more suitable candidate.

- Unquestionably in the team on merit, every week
- Clearly a big character and influential
- Tons of experience
- English isn't an issue
- Has bought into a lot of the off-field stuff already (see the video with the young blind lad last season)

Other than speaking English, Kilman fits none of those categories.

There aren't too many players who would be suitable if you don't consider Dawson .
Lemina`s got the passion, don`t know if he`s got the temprament. Didn`t see Deutch`s post before posting this.

Well Max certainly doesn't have the temperament.

Has he even spoken to a referee in our games apart from the coin toss at the beginning? He looks scared of his own shadow.

Has he even spoken to a referee in our games apart from the coin toss at the beginning? He looks scared of his own shadow.
I did wonder when Max was made capt. If it was to approach the ref in a more restrained manner.
Much as I loved Neves, he could be a bit histrionic in his dealing with refs (not that they didn't deserve it)
It appears he's going with the 'not engaging at all' style.

Might have said "heads" or "tails" pre kick off.

There aren't too many players who would be suitable if you don't consider Dawson .
It's a real problem, we had plenty of leaders in the past. Coady, Neves and Raul were obvious, where as Boly, Saiss, Moutinho more subtle as leaders.

Now though? There's Dawson and possibly Lemina, and that's it.

Kilman is a bizarre choice.

It's a real problem, we had plenty of leaders in the past. Coady, Neves and Raul were obvious, where as Boly, Saiss, Moutinho more subtle as leaders.

Now though? There's Dawson and possibly Lemina, and that's it.

Kilman is a bizarre choice.
Sarabia seems to be a bit of a leader too but I don't even know where he plays, let alone whether he should be playing.

I'd add Bournemouth in there and maybe Fulham. If we were run competently we wouldn't be in this situation in first place, but being amongst 6-7 relegation candidates with one of the best squads should at least mean we aren't relegation favourites...for now. It just means all those games against those teams are must win.
we won’t win anymore under this manager. the rot has set in the wheels have fallen off. we’re down and we don’t even have a championship quality back room staff.

I think Fabio does get into goalscoring positions, (not yesterday though obviously) he just isn't very good at finishing them.

The two against Brighton, a couple of snap shots against United and the 2 chances at Everton.

Even against Blackpool he got into a couple, but his goal was very fortunate and he passed the other opportunity!

He was dire yesterday, the only thing he did of note was a nice return pass to Neto in the first half. Other than that he was a hindrance, not helped by him and Cunha seeming to have swapped roles for some unknown reason.
fabio has already proved this season that he’s second rate.

I think Beale was mentioned earlier, his job looks under threat and the manager tipped to take over: Kevin Muscat

Should we beat them to it? 🤣 Means we avoid MB too.

I was quite intrigued by the idea of Muscat when we sacked Zenga. Not sure I'd go down that road now...

Apparently he's just as much of a twat as a manager as he was a player.

I was quite intrigued by the idea of Muscat when we sacked Zenga. Not sure I'd go down that road now...

Apparently he's just as much of a twat as a manager as he was a player.
Oh its definitely a car crash 6-month appointment. Wouldn't be boring though.

For us to compete with Liverpool we have to perform above our level, if GON believes that then he is not the man for the job, I personally believe that there is only one Team in the PL that that comment applies to and it aint Liverpool, I thought GON was not the man for the job but after what happened with Loppy i realised our choices would be limited but still thought that there were better out there. GON is tactically naive and is re active rather than pro active, he may be a decent coach but he is not a PL manager, I firmly believe that we have the players to more than survive in the PL but we need a manager that is tactically competant, I would hope that we have succession planning in place we need to be looking at young progressive managers that would WANT to be manager of Wolves, they are out there we just need to find them, sorry to say my early impressions are that GON is not one of them, while we are at it JS can clear off because a lot of our current issues are down to him.

I think he means they arent so good we should have been fearful of them to the extent it was a foregone matter. There fans were constantly mentioning the 12.30 jinx they seemed to be on, if they believed we had a chance, then our own manager should.

I think he means they arent so good we should have been fearful of them to the extent it was a foregone matter. There fans were constantly mentioning the 12.30 jinx they seemed to be on, if they believed we had a chance, then our own manager should.

Not sure that's right.

For us to compete with Liverpool we have to perform above our level. if GON believes that then he is not the man for the job, I personally believe that there is only one Team in the PL that that comment applies to and it aint Liverpool

Reads to me like we should be beating everyone bar Man City.

Compete doesn’t mean win does it? We competed with, and beat, Liverpool last season. Your mate GON’s attitude is capitulation to anyone half decent. Presumably that includes Palace.

It’s a stupid thing to say but it’s being overblown just to be another stick to beat him with when there’s plenty of other legitimate ones.

We created a gameplan where we had considerably better chances and restricted them to little. Cunha scores one of the most presntable chances you can get and it’s probably a different result, much like the season before.

Back