• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Scottish Politics

A Bruno Lage-esque tenure ends after just over a year.

The SNP are going to get wiped in a GE. Going to go back to the 90s/00s levels of <10 Commons seats I reckon.
From a national perspective that would be great. We need a strong Labour in Scotland to keep the Tories out generally speaking. I see the religious lady is talking about maybe running as leader again. In Britain today you can't be that ideologically committed to your faith, see Tim Farron for details

Broadly speaking I support Scottish independence, I also quite liked Sturgeon, but the SNP right now are a hot mess and they've also been poor as a Commons presence bar Blackford. As a UK party it's hard to see what their purpose is right now as there won't be another IndyRef any time soon, they had a chance and wasted it (albeit timing was an issue, had it been a year post-Brexit rather than a year pre-Brexit then the result would have been different).

The religious nut is off the scale, absolutely fuck voting for someone like that.

Old Testament Kate got 40% of the vote in the last leadership contest which is frankly terrifying. It's 2024 and she believes in no pre-marital sex, no abortions, trans people don't exist and same-sex marriage is wrong. It's like plucking some cunt Tory out of 1988 and planting them into today.

A dreadful situation for anyone who is a genuine SNP supporter (in terms of that being the route to independence) but is also progressive and well, lives in the modern world. I can only equate it to when we've had a dreadful, dreadful, dreadful manager at Molineux. What can you do other than sit through it and hope it ends as soon as possible.

Naturally I respect their right to determine whether independence is the right solution for Scotland. Selfishly I hope they continue to remain in the Union though given the political impact on the rest of the UK
I honestly think it would have a negative effect on Scotland.
I do find it a bit odd that a 'National' party is pretty left wing and while they are happy to leave the Union, they want to still be part of the EU.
As you say it's up to them.

Kate Forbes belongs with Freddie Kruger and Miriam Bates in the Nightmare on Psycho Street that is the New Conservatives. No place for that kind of shit in the 21st century.

Back