• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Snooker

Gilbert played well against Guodong, but he's also really struggled for results this season. I still think Brecel will have enough to win as he'll want to put on a good show of defending his title.

I'd be more interested in Vafaei against Trump, who has often struggled in early rounds of tournaments.
Yeah, you never know what you're getting with Judd at the moment and Vafaei definitely has the game to go and win 3-4 on the spin if he's not on it.

Gilbert is 22nd on the one year list, nothing spectacular (a QF in the Northern Ireland Open is his best) but he hasn't had too many first round exits, Luca has frequently looked like he hasn't bothered picking up a cue for months.

Brecel is one of those mercurial players who can just turn up and not miss a ball. It wouldn't surprise me to see either a very tight match or Brecel just annihilate Dave 10-2/10-3.

Gilbert gets it back to 9-9!

Brecel twitching from 9-6 up.

Gilbert is 19/10 to win the first session vs Luca tomorrow, I've had a bit of that.

Luca has been utter shite since he won it last year. 46th on the one year list.
Not an avid follower of snooker. But when tipster Dan says Gilbert would win I stuck a fiver on it. Cheers.

Not an avid follower of snooker. But when tipster Dan says Gilbert would win I stuck a fiver on it. Cheers.

The irony being I lost my bet as I went first session only and he lost that 6-3!

Enjoy mate.

Reactions: SSB
Selby has been crap. O'connor has been on it though, be nice to see him go through.

Selby was talking about quitting the other week if he rocked up at the Worlds and played badly, doubt he'll follow through on it but it is a brutal game when you're struggling.

A lot of them have considered jacking it in over the years. Ronnie, Higgins, Murphy, Carter, Gilbert. Even Mark Allen talked about it before he lost all his weight and got his form back.

Selby has started playing pool regularly now and is good mates with Gareth Potts, so would just go straight into that Ultimate Pool tour.

No doubt Robertson will start muttering it too with his mental health issues and recent form. He's gonna do some commentary this week for BBC apparently.

Carter got drummed out yesterday. Good, Brexit prick.

Murphy safely through today and Bingham 6-3 up on Gary Wilson having limped through qualifying.

I like Carter's playing style but he's such a mardy prick a lot of the time.

Just in the snooker club now and Dave is back in here practising. He says he feels he can beat any one now. Beating Brecel has given him a big confidence boost.

He's got Milkins or Pang next, that's a good draw. Pang has only got past R2 in one tournament all season, didn't do anything special in qualifying either. Beat Oliver Brown 10-7 and Cao Yupeng 10-8 and only made one century across the 35 frames. Although he was 8-6 down to Cao and reeled off the last four frames on the spin so there is that.

A reasonable year for the Milkman but he looks slightly out of place in the top 16 (benefiting from the likes of Maguire/Bingham/Robertson having rough spells), he's normally well outside it.

Selby back to 4-8 but he's going to have to come out of his comfort zone to win this, just grinding away and playing negatively won't do it.

It's what always infuriates me about him, he actually has a good attacking game. Just never uses it.

5-8 now. Slow Joe could do with getting one of the next two on the board.

He seems calm enough to win this with any chances he gets. Should win this one to go 9-5 now.

Selby playing on at 71-1 behind is pure Selby
The anti-Brecel.

Fancy going out of the biggest tournament in your entire sport because you can't be arsed to play on for one snooker!

There's an old boy in my snooker team who'll play on for everything unless he needs about 10 snookers. Winds us up no end!

I'd say 2 or 3 is my cut off point, depending how the table is. 4+ is ludicrous in most cases.

Back