• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Snooker

Wilson should have gone 10-5...couldn't close it out and Higgins pinched it to go 9-6. And finishes it up 9-7. Big swing there.

Just one more needed after the break for Dave. Surely he won't mess it up from there.

He's been very much a deserved winner in each match so far, can't argue with that.

No-one at all is playing amazing stuff (even Ronnie) so he can have great hope in going all the way, all about holding it together mentally, he's clearly a good enough player.

He's been very much a deserved winner in each match so far, can't argue with that.

No-one at all is playing amazing stuff (even Ronnie) so he can have great hope in going all the way, all about holding it together mentally, he's clearly a good enough player.
Yes that's his weakness, or has been. Getting too down on himself. Seems to be better at that so far though so positive signs.

Yeah he's been very impressive, playing as well as anyone

Lol another weird conceding the match needing one snooker, to go along with Brecel's.

Get in though.

Yeah, weird stuff. I know he'd left himself awkward (and why pot the yellow anyway) but have a go. It's 12-8, not 12-2.

I've not watched every frame of every session, but from what I have seen Ronnie has looked bored throughout this match.

He's given Bingham so many chances today, he's been very solid but by no means sensational for me

How the fuck he's missed that pink to the middle. Wouldn't surprise me if he still wins the frame though

Ronnie was shit tbf. Fully deserved by Bingham.

3 of the last 4 came through the qualifiers, not sure that's happened before in modern times?

Very much doubt it.

They're good players in their own right and it has as good a chance as any of being a good match but can imagine people with tickets for Fri/Sat thinking they were on for O'Sullivan vs Trump will be less keen on getting Bingham vs Jones.

I'd equate it this year to watching Championship football, plenty of drama and stories going on, never sure what to expect, but in overall quality terms it's recognisably been well short.

I haven’t really follow snooker for many, many years but when you two started on about Gilbert I backed him each way at 28/1. Place pays if he makes the final.
Just looked as I thought the sensible thing to now do was back against him in the semi to cover the e/w element but he’s hard to cover as Wilson is so short at 2/5.
Any advice other than to just let it ride?

I haven’t really follow snooker for many, many years but when you two started on about Gilbert I backed him each way at 28/1. Place pays if he makes the final.
Just looked as I thought the sensible thing to now do was back against him in the semi to cover the e/w element but he’s hard to cover as Wilson is so short at 2/5.
Any advice other than to just let it ride?

If you are used to the exchange markets you could ‘Lay’ Gilbert to win the title which is currently at 5.6/1
You’d need £250 to be able to do it but guarantees a profit of £32 if your original stake was £10. You could half your lay instead for a profit of £16 and let the rest ride which could increase your profit by approximately £125 if Gilbert wins.

Last edited:
Back