• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

More fans (insufferable as they may be) done criminally wrong by cunts up top.

Can’t see how they don’t, and there’s no appeal on that one either plus they’ll need a fire sale Pickford, Branthwaite will be first to go.
Absolute mess for the PL Everton possibly on -9 and Leicester on -4 before a ball is kicked.
Good news for us though.😉

The whole 777 set up is the most obvious Ponzi scheme. Even the PL can’t wave that through

Yeah, he's been banging on about him all season, going on about Maresca as if he's fundamentally changed the landscape of the Championship with football and results no-one has ever seen before. Rather than taking over a squad that on the basis of ability should never ever have been relegated in the first place, with the highest wage budget in the division by an absolute mile.

I saw them in a few games, most recently against West Brom and they could have easily conceded 6 goals. Their football wasn't anything to write home about either. They had the best squad in the division with enough quality to get them over the line. They will be hamstrung with a potential points deduction, a transfer embargo hanging over them or limited funds to transform the squad. They haven't got much in the way of assets to sell either.

Dewsbury-Hall is one they seem to pinpoint as a possible sale (all profit for PSR and all that) but he wouldn't get near our team and we're as mid-table as it gets, I don't know who would buy him.

The transfer embargo was from the EFL, Percy said the PL won't be imposing one. They should start the season on -4 though. The PL have ignored EFL breaches previously with Bournemouth and Villa so presumably will do the same again

Dewsbury-Hall is one they seem to pinpoint as a possible sale (all profit for PSR and all that) but he wouldn't get near our team and we're as mid-table as it gets, I don't know who would buy him.
I think you are undervaluing him considerably. If we were to go to 433 then he'd suit us perfectly on the left of midfield and better than Sarabia in the front 3 if one of the forwards are out. He'll go to the PL for £30-40m, Spurs have been linked, he suits Angeball better than Maddison does for instance due to his workrate

I dunno mate, he's not for me. Got that Edwards vibe of if he doesn't score then I don't know what it is he does, and he was awful in 2022/23 in the PL (Rodgers kept picking him too when he was clearly struggling and they had loads of alternatives).

Leicester fans I know at work aren't particularly buoyant.

My boss in particular has a very pessimistic view of their immediate hopes, weaker squad than the one that got relegated, little chance of spending much money to rectify it and probably a points deduction regardless of which division they ended up in. He's generally viewed this season as a needs must, get the results, get promoted and use the money that comes with it to try to balance the finances rather than bet the house on staying up at all costs.

He seems to have endured the football this season rather than enjoyed it, results to get back to the PL being the most important thing but with next season looking fairly bleak he'd prefer some more fun on the pitch as results will probably be toss anyway.

I dunno mate, he's not for me. Got that Edwards vibe of if he doesn't score then I don't know what it is he does, and he was awful in 2022/23 in the PL (Rodgers kept picking him too when he was clearly struggling and they had loads of alternatives).
He reminds me of Bellegarde and we can't find a space for him either.

He reminds me of Bellegarde and we can't find a space for him either.
We won't find a role for him, KDH or really ever Sarabia with 3 at the back. Not sure why we have bought two of them let alone all 3

Back