• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all makes perfect sense to me, for example I wanted to sell a car for £10k but a buyer only thought it was worth £7k so he let me sell the engine, steering wheel and seats so I recouped the £3k I was losing and the bloke still wanted to may me £7k for it ! Everyone's a winner, in fantasyland
Or you sold the engine, steering wheel and seats for £10k so made your money. Anything else after that is a bonus even a scrap value of £3k.

I'm amazed people can't see this.

There are a multitude of mechanisms to move money around such a large group like Fosun in exactly the same way other owners put money in from their other businesses.

The only way there's any credibility in it is if they've essentially written us off as a bad deal and the strategy is just to salvage what they can, with the value as a Championship club - let's say £40m baked into that as a worse case. In the grand scheme of Fosun's businesses we are an asterisk at the bottom of the accounts.

The bit that makes that difficult to believe is Guo showing up last week, if that was what's happening you'd think he's distance himself from it as far as possible. The much easier conclusion is we are badly run, because Fosun don't trust anybody outside their inner circle and the one they've chosen to be here is a clueless egomanic who is good at following orders passed down from on high
Guo turning up was just a visual version of the Jeff Shi letter (which everyone now knows was pretty much complete rubbish). He probably flew over for a nice meal in Soho and thought he could drop in on us too.

I don’t know whether they are selling, but one thing is for sure - what they are doing is not the result of incompetence (nobody could be that incompetent).

There must be a strategy in play - but whether it’s good, bad or ugly for Wolverhampton Wanderers FC is anybody’s guess.

I would say to City £55 million and we have a deal, lets be honest Nunes has only shown flashes for us, and from the players point of view this would be a move in a million for him to the best Team in the World under a manager that will bring the best out of him, for us as a club we will have made a decent profit on him over the season he has been here, we could invest in a CB for less than £10 million, find another young midfielder from South America for say £10/15 million and still have £30 million in our back pocket, then while we are at it if the rumoured Manure interest in Semedo is true for £20 million they can have him, use Doc for this season or loan someone in while Lembikisa and Hoever gain more experience in the Championship, that would be my way of going about things, then Jolly Jeff can fuck off with the FFP crap that HE has got us in to.

I would say to City £55 million and we have a deal, lets be honest Nunes has only shown flashes for us, and from the players point of view this would be a move in a million for him to the best Team in the World under a manager that will bring the best out of him, for us as a club we will have made a decent profit on him over the season he has been here, we could invest in a CB for less than £10 million, find another young midfielder from South America for say £10/15 million and still have £30 million in our back pocket, then while we are at it if the rumoured Manure interest in Semedo is true for £20 million they can have him, use Doc for this season or loan someone in while Lembikisa and Hoever gain more experience in the Championship, that would be my way of going about things, then Jolly Jeff can fuck off with the FFP crap that HE has got us in to.
I feel out of breath just reading that

Facts are that the assumption must be....
What??
Facts £160m of player sales, £120m of profit on players sales.

Assumption - Unless Jeff is paying himself £50m a season then we aren't in any FFP trouble and he's therefore calling out all of the journo's and club who have been parroting that we are.

It's what we thought and backs up the Accountant. Running us as cheaply as possible and extracting assets. Wouldn't surprise me to see more major sales over the next week with players the level of Brownhill coming in to plug the gaps.

In terms of affecting Fosuns balance sheet they barely notice us but it would all make sense if they've agreed a lower than ideal price with a buyer.

Facts £160m of player sales, £120m of profit on players sales.

Assumption - Unless Jeff is paying himself £50m a season then we aren't in any FFP trouble and he's therefore calling out all of the journo's and club who have been parroting that we are.

Big cuts for Mendes, or other 3rd parties, could be putting a fair dent in those incoming fees perhaps?

And isn't the £105m loss over the 3 year period based on owners covering £30m of the annual loss? So if Fosun don't want to write off £30m a year Wolves can only lose £15m over the 3 year period?

PTS was called out on the thread and his response was just to link 'his' Athletic article from a month ago that still talks about making a profit as a necessity, and still swallows the FFP line 🙄

For me, if random Wolves fans are getting the news of a takeover then at least 1 journo would be reporting it.
Even if they have the likes of Liam and PTS in their pocket, plenty out there - Percy, Ornstein etc who don't give a shit if Wolves like them and if they have info they would happily release it.

I'll stick with a mixture of the people at the top (Jeff) not really having a clue what they are doing and a company that is currently terrified of repercussions back home if they are seen to be injecting millions into a non Chinese business

Last edited:
For me if random Wolves fans are getting the news of a takeover then at least 1 journo would be reporting it.
Even if they have the likes of Liam and PTS in their pocket, plenty out there - Percy, Ornstein etc who don't give a shit if Wolves like them and they would have info and happily release it.

I'll stick with a mixture of the people at the top (Jeff) not really having a clue what they are doing and a company that is currently terrified of repercussions back home if they are seen to be injecting millions into a non Chinese business
If a sale was off the table then one of the clubs pet reporters would've denied it by now.

Big cuts for Mendes, or other 3rd parties, could be putting a fair dent in those incoming fees perhaps?

And isn't the £105m loss over the 3 year period based on owners covering £30m of the annual loss? So if Fosun don't want to write off £30m a year Wolves can only lose £15m over the 3 year period?

Any business making losses has to justify how it can continue to be a going concern. If it can't then creditors will soon start taking action to get their money back.

The rules are...

E.48. If the PSR Calculation results in a loss of in excess of £15m then the following shall apply:
E.48.1. the Club shall provide, by 31 March in the relevant Season, Future Financial Information to cover the period commencing from its last accounting reference date (as defined in section 391 of the Act) until the end of T+2and a calculation of estimated aggregated Adjusted Earnings Before Tax until the end of T+2 based on that Future Financial Information;
E.48.2. the Club shall provide such evidence of Secure Funding as the Board considers sufficient; andE.48.3. if the Club is unable to provide evidence of Secure Funding as set out in Rule E.48.2, the Board may exercise its powers set out in Rule E.15.
E.49. If the PSR Calculation results in losses of in excess of £105m:
E.49.1. the Board may exercise its powers set out in Rule E.15; and
E.49.2. the Club shall be treated as being in breach of these Rules and accordingly the Board shall refer the breach to a n constituted pursuant toSection W of these Rules (Disciplinary)

If a sale was off the table then one of the clubs pet reporters would've denied it by now.
Not really. In the clubs eyes, they made a statement on the sale rumours via Jeff's inspired letter and won't say much else. You may get Liam rolling out the line "the owners remain committed" but I don't think they will respond that much to a Twitter rumour that is now becoming a fine example of a Chinese Whisper. By Monday, we will be owned by a Saudi, an American group, probably a Qatari and Steve Morgan wants us back.

It might be that apparent finances are being 'put on hold' as we're selling a minority stake? They've been trying to do it for years.

It might be that apparent finances are being 'put on hold' as we're selling a minority stake? They've been trying to do it for years.
Nobody is buying a minority stake without some form of control.

This is the problem Fosun are having. Nobody will invest with Jeff Shi in charge and Guo's relationship with Gestifute in full view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back