• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re offering Sa a new deal, aren’t we? So he won’t be going anywhere.

There's no denying a downgrading in managerial, coaching and player profile since the days of Nuno, and now we're probably not far off the likes of Bournemouth on and off the pitch.

We should be charging nearer Bournemouth prices for season tickets in that case though.

Anyway, still doesn't mean we can't compete OK in the short term, and (if you're really optimistic) this could be a reset with more ambitious investment to follow if we stay up...?

AC Milan have enquired about Sasa but we've turned down the approach.
How stupid have you got to be if you’re on the Milan side of that offer?

“You know who we should bid for? This bloke that’s been out injured for a year, that’s just returned to fitness and scored a couple for his club who literally have two senior forwards on their books. Yeah - I’ve got a good feeling about this…”

Idiots.

There's no denying a downgrading in managerial, coaching and player profile since the days of Nuno, and now we're probably not far off the likes of Bournemouth on and off the pitch.

We should be charging nearer Bournemouth prices for season tickets in that case though.

Anyway, still doesn't mean we can't compete OK in the short term, and (if you're really optimistic) this could be a reset with more ambitious investment to follow if we stay up...?

I'm not sure how much of this is a 'reset', it might be, but I think the days of buying Nunes-level players are over for a few years at least. There's no denying his quality, but you can't spend £42m (correct me if I'm wrong) on a player who doesn't hit the ground running straight away: the squad suffers for it. And it's not Matheus' fault, it's just poor, short-sighted recruitment.

A lot of the success under Nuno was loans with option to buy deals on Jonny, Jimenez etc - we tried before we bought. And on the whole we weren't huge spenders transfer outlay wise, more so wage wise.

I'm not sure how much of this is a 'reset', it might be, but I think the days of buying Nunes-level players are over for a few years at least. There's no denying his quality, but you can't spend £42m (correct me if I'm wrong) on a player who doesn't hit the ground running straight away: the squad suffers for it. And it's not Matheus' fault, it's just poor, short-sighted recruitment.

If we spent that money occasionally on a 'finished article' kind of player and did it for footballing reasons then it would be exciting and obviously very beneficial, but we've generally only done it out of a desire to engorge Mendes, so even if the transfer tap gets properly turned on again we could do with that changing

If we spent that money occasionally on a 'finished article' kind of player and did it for footballing reasons then it would be exciting and obviously very beneficial, but we've generally only done it out of a desire to engorge Mendes, so even if the transfer tap gets properly turned on again we could do with that changing

Absolutely this. I don't want us to go back to the model of having to convince the likes of Guedes and Nunes to join us.

I'm not saying this model of signing players to pad out the squad is any better either, it's just an enforced transition due to mistakes of previous seasons. And of course it's frustrating - I know a lot of qualms are that we were signing Matheus Cunha in January and now we're signing Che Adams. It is a drop off.

It's not an enforced transition it's a choice, has been since Neves left. Let's see what today brings but as it stands we aren't even spending the profit + amortisation of the Nunes money which would be about £21m

It's not an enforced transition it's a choice, has been since Neves left. Let's see what today brings but as it stands we aren't even spending the profit + amortisation of the Nunes money which would be about £21m
Indeed, over £150m in sales and £12m out.

I don't want to hear anything more about FFP ever again.

Fosun can get in the bin.

How stupid have you got to be if you’re on the Milan side of that offer?

“You know who we should bid for? This bloke that’s been out injured for a year, that’s just returned to fitness and scored a couple for his club who literally have two senior forwards on their books. Yeah - I’ve got a good feeling about this…”

Idiots.
There are also rumours they're after Willian Jose......

Indeed, over £150m in sales and £12m out.

I don't want to hear anything more about FFP ever again.

Fosun can get in the bin.
Cunha and Traore??

On another note, I see Burnley and Forest are in talks for a loan for Origi from AC Milan. We wanted him before so we should be hijacking this

You'd think Adams was the Kane such is the desperation from fans with no ambition.

I don't think anyone has compared him to Harry Kane, I just stated he scored more than any of our forwards (minus Podence) last season - which is a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back