• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2017/18

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
New fixtures, new threads.

Mr Loyalty Michael Appleton has left Oxford to become assistant manager at Leicester.

I liked him at Ajax but plenty to prove after Inter was such a disaster.

Looks like Southampton will appoint Maurico Pellegrino (the ex-Liverpool centre half, not Pellegrini who was at City)

Not quite manager but Martin Ling back in football as Director of Football st Orient! Really good stuff I think - I can see him bringing Luke Williams and Ross Embleton in with him who have just left Swindon

Pardew emerges as the 'shock' candidate for the Sunderland job if Tony Adams' consortium buy the club.

The consortium with Tony Adams involved pulled out of the deal to buy Sunderland a couple days ago.

Well that's Sky Sports on the fucking ball then.

Pellegrino confirmed at Southampton.

Sunderland have been given permission to speak to Preston boss Simon Grayson about becoming their new manager.

Sunderland have been given permission to speak to Preston boss Simon Grayson about becoming their new manager.
Grayson confirmed as their new manager.

And Ellis Short staying on. Unless they spend the Pickford money very well I can't see anything other than a midtable finish for them

They have so much work to do, there's really not much in their squad at all that looks anything like handy even for this level.

Not worried about sunlun next season, with Dan on this

Are Sunderland candidates to drop straight through the division?

Are Sunderland candidates to drop straight through the division?

Hell yes. They are in shit street. Success 2018 is anything outside the bottom three. They could do a portsmouth. They are that fucked

Not quite that fucked. I don't think Ellis Short is going to leave them high and dry to quite that extent. Saying that I would be staggered if they made even the top half.

Januzaj is decent, or was - is he pony these days?

No but one player doth not a team make. Having lost Pickford and Defoe easily their best players last season,I think they they would struggle even if they had Ronaldo and Messi up front. They don't. They have no money. They will do well to stay up. Put it this way, if we finish below them in 2018 Nuno will be out of a job and we may be looking at league 1

Back