• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

We absolutely run Semedo into the ground every year because we never have a proper back up. That needs sorting especially as he's 31 in November.

View attachment 10250
To this point, asking any player to match Nelson’s injury record would be taking a massive gamble. The man just doesn’t miss big chunks of time.

It would worry me replacing Semedo with a wing back whose strength isn't defending. He's been very good this season but it's been his defensive side that's impressed. Need a significant upgrade across the rest of the back line to be able to play a Matty Cash, TAA type there
I think Mosquera as part of the back 3 is hoped to be the answer there. More pace to cover a more forward thinking wingback as Toti does on the left with RAN (as GFFH alluded to earlier today).

As we have to rely on slow and slower (Kilman and Bueno) we have to depend on Semedo's recovery and defensive ability more

I think Mosquera as part of the back 3 is hoped to be the answer there. More pace to cover a more forward thinking wingback as Toti does on the left with RAN (as GFFH alluded to earlier today).

As we have to rely on slow and slower (Kilman and Bueno) we have to depend on Semedo's recovery and defensive ability more
Got a bit disrupted so I didn’t see much, but Mosquera had been moved to LCB today after the last time I watched him, when he was a fairly conventional right back. Outrageously, others in my family had jobs to do which incredibly took precedent over Villarreal V Rayo, but it seemed to work out well as they won 3 zip and he bagged.

Got a bit disrupted so I didn’t see much, but Mosquera had been moved to LCB today after the last time I watched him, when he was a fairly conventional right back. Outrageously, others in my family had jobs to do which incredibly took precedent over Villarreal V Rayo, but it seemed to work out well as they won 3 zip and he bagged.
Played left (and sometimes center) CB in a 3 for FCC so seems he can play just about anywhere.

Rowe's stats look decent but Whittaker's are even better. Surely we're in a better position to negotiate with Plymouth than Norwich who don't need to sell and will likely hold out for top dollar.

Plymouth can still go down too so would put us in an even stronger negotiating position.

The times I’ve seen Whittaker he’s flattered to deceive a bit in general play. Gave me Bothroyd vibes!

Last edited:
Players develop, but he looked a long way off at Derby

Iván Jaime who we were linked with last summer looks like he's on his way out of Porto. He's been training with a 'bomb squad' who Sérgio Conceição decided looked 'too happy' during a training session after a draw with Famalição. :ROFLMAO:

Could be worth another look in the summer. His move to Porto hasn't really worked out but he's a quality player.

Iván Jaime who we were linked with last summer looks like he's on his way out of Porto. He's been training with a 'bomb squad' who Sérgio Conceição decided looked 'too happy' during a training session after a draw with Famalição. :ROFLMAO:

Could be worth another look in the summer. His move to Porto hasn't really worked out but he's a quality player.
His stats don't inspire confidence.

Hard to argue with Conceicao's results but the guy is a fucking loon.
It's all falling apart and he's trying anything he can to deflect blame at this point. He's blamed recent results on a Europe-wide conspiracy against Northern Portugal. Doesn't really fly when you look at their results and see that they've dropped points almost exclusively to smaller Northern clubs...

His stats don't inspire confidence.
Ever seen him play? He was excellent last season at Famalição, far more impressive than Chiquinho has been this season.

Always in for some batshit stuff from managers (as long as it's not at Wolves).

It's not quite Paul Simpson blaming Elvis for Preston losing but not a bad effort.

The times I’ve seen Whittaker he’s flattered to deceive a bit in general play. Gave me Bothroyd vibes!
I think that's harsh on Whittaker but you can only go on what you see.

He's quite languid in style which isn't to everybody's taste but he reminds me of Rogers at Villa and you can't argue with his ability to strike the ball from distance.

If GoN wanted a different type of guard like Sarabia he is that type and stronger than McAtee.

Different narratives about the Saudi situation, some saying they're keen on getting emerging (but cheaper) players out of Europe and others linking the likes of Salah/Sa/Almiron/Semedo with moves out there and none of them will be cheap.

Back