• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

Yeah a decent chunk of me thinks it might be a small blessing if Gary gets poached, which I desperately hate to admit.
Both fairly inexperienced coaches, I think O'Neil deserves a chance to see if he can learn from his mistakes this season with a few signings and a pre season, hopefully that doesn't end up with us in the bottom 3 at Xmas.

I'm sure he was, which is why him staying in the UK when he doesn't have to is odd.
Flights to Bilbao are about £50 return from Gatwick. Living in a different part of the world when you have a poorly family member isn't odd.

Have a fucking think about what you're suggesting based on absolutely nothing. Show a bit of class.
How about, no?

I don't really think JL gives a fuck what I think anyway.

You go ahead and be offended on his behalf though.

Have a lovely day.

Both fairly inexperienced coaches, I think O'Neil deserves a chance to see if he can learn from his mistakes this season with a few signings and a pre season, hopefully that doesn't end up with us in the bottom 3 at Xmas.
Yeah, was unclear; didn't mean specifically that Handsome Rob would be a clear upgrade, more speaking to the extent my doubts regarding Gary have grown lately.

How about, no?

I don't really think JL gives a fuck what I think anyway.

You go ahead and be offended on his behalf though.

Have a lovely day.
Lop is fuckwad professionally but bringing his dad into it is too much.

Flights to Bilbao are about £50 return from Gatwick. Living in a different part of the world when you have a poorly family member isn't odd.
Given his initial reason for not joining us was because he was spending time with his dad at his home, him living in England since leaving Wolves IS odd, not sure how that can be argued.

Yeah, was unclear; didn't mean specifically that Handsome Rob would be a clear upgrade, more speaking to the extent my doubts regarding Gary have grown lately.
I have the same doubts, not sure about Edwards yet.

Lop is fuckwad professionally but bringing his dad into it is too much.
Is it? I've only suggested that maybe his dad wasn't as ill as was suggested.

18 months on, he's still got a dad to visit in San Sebastian, but he's spending his days in Tettenhall.

It's fair game to question the honesty of Jeff as I and many others have done, but don't mention JL's dad who he's decided not to spend much time with this past year despite not even having a job.

Given his initial reason for not joining us was because he was spending time with his dad at his home, him living in England since leaving Wolves IS odd, not sure how that can be argued.
He can't be tethered to his dad forever tbf.

Fun fact: Papa Lop used to be a famous "stone lifter" in Spain, which is a neat thing to be known for.

Is it? I've only suggested that maybe his dad wasn't as ill as was suggested.

18 months on, he's still got a dad to visit in San Sebastian, but he's spending his days in Tettenhall.

It's fair game to question the honesty of Jeff as I and many others have done, but don't mention JL's dad who he's decided not to spend much time with this past year despite not even having a job.
There's a lot of shit to throw at Julen but "you don't spend enough time with your dad" is a fucking reach, and a spurious one at that.

It's a suggestion but a shit one. None of us know any of the Lopeteguis personally and to suggest we know how someone should and shouldn't act when their father is seriously ill is just arrogance.

Only he knows how big a factor his father's health genuinely was in not replacing Lage immediately. Ultimately I'm not sure he'd have got that many more points than Davis (some, but not many more) because the squad was what it was until January and we all know that Dawson and Lemina in particular were huge factors in our improvement. They wouldn't have been here regardless and you'd have had quite a few games along the lines of Man Utd at home where we looked miles better tactically than under Lage (not hard) but were so horribly underpowered that 0-0 was about the best we could do.

Ultimately he did come here in the end and succeeded in what he was asked to do, which wasn't an easy job. Then it ended sourly with plenty of blame to throw around on both sides. I haven't really missed him and he probably hasn't missed Wolves. I don't think it's fair to speculate on his personal life and it doesn't matter to us now anyway.

I like the way Luton have gone about it with scant resources (obviously I hope it falls flat for them today) but this is a very different job.

Fosun might be happy with 17th and upwards but as a fanbase we aren't and quite rightly so.
Yep this is where I am currently.

There's a lot of shit to throw at Julen but "you don't spend enough time with your dad" is a fucking reach, and a spurious one at that.

It's a suggestion but a shit one. None of us know any of the Lopeteguis personally and to suggest we know how someone should and shouldn't act when their father is seriously ill is just arrogance.
Maybe he's not that ill. Is the suggestion.

Only he knows how big a factor his father's health genuinely was in not replacing Lage immediately. Ultimately I'm not sure he'd have got that many more points than Davis (some, but not many more) because the squad was what it was until January and we all know that Dawson and Lemina in particular were huge factors in our improvement. They wouldn't have been here regardless and you'd have had quite a few games along the lines of Man Utd at home where we looked miles better tactically than under Lage (not hard) but were so horribly underpowered that 0-0 was about the best we could do.

Ultimately he did come here in the end and succeeded in what he was asked to do, which wasn't an easy job. Then it ended sourly with plenty of blame to throw around on both sides. I haven't really missed him and he probably hasn't missed Wolves. I don't think it's fair to speculate on his personal life and it doesn't matter to us now anyway.
Looks like he's off to the San Siro rather than Stratford. It's an hour closer to pops. Makes sense really.

Maybe he's not that ill. Is the suggestion.
giphy.gif

Maybe he just has a house round here and spends most his time abroad? 🤷‍♂️

Back