• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

VAR Stay or Go

VAR Stay or Go

• Total voters
Random question, but do any of you guys have a theory as to why VAR seems to work so badly specifically against Wolves?

I put it down to a weird coincidence rather than corruption, but is there any logical (or semi-logical) theory as to why referees (or the PL) would dislike WWFC?

Edit: My team are at Wembley tomorrow, going to have to experience VAR again :( (despite the entire season being played without it)

Random question, but do any of you guys have a theory as to why VAR seems to work so badly specifically against Wolves?

I put it down to a weird coincidence rather than corruption, but is there any logical (or semi-logical) theory as to why referees (or the PL) would dislike WWFC?

Edit: My team are at Wembley tomorrow, going to have to experience VAR again :( (despite the entire season being played without it)
Sun-conscious bias due to refs knowing wrong decisions against bigger teams get more criticism?

I don't think it does...well, not if you are watching Wolves. Yes you can see what they are looking at, but don't get anything other than the comms talking about what they think and in the end you are still fookin fuming at the outcome (most times)

Also you tell the wife "Yeah I will do that when the game finishes around 5pm and at 5.30 still watching the game, man she is furious and does not accept VAR as an excuse
Well... that's on you.... divorce is the only reasonable option.

The -17 figure that's going around; that's all VAR decisions, right? Rather than "we've lost 17 points from wrong VAR decisions"?

I think VAR has a place for TV viewers.

But anyone with a passion for the game and that attends live games regularly, will tell you that it’s killing the game.
"More than three-quarters of matchgoers (79.1%) and two-thirds of TV viewers (65.4%) rated their experience as either poor or very poor."

From an FSA survey. Which suggests VAR is damaging both live and TV viewership - which might be the bit that forces change.

The -17 figure that's going around; that's all VAR decisions, right? Rather than "we've lost 17 points from wrong VAR decisions"?
It's how many decisions we've had go against us v for us.

It's very subjective, obviously.

But the next worst are Arsenal with -7.

It's how many decisions we've had go against us v for us.

It's very subjective, obviously.

But the next worst are Arsenal with -7.

The gap between us and Arsenal (and, subsequently, every other club) is obviously an eyebrow raiser.

But to me it does read a bit more like "the on-pitch refs have been especially shit for us" rather than "VAR has been especially shit for us". Of course, more than a handful of times it's been both.

Wasn't there a tweet at start of the thread with the whole list? It's basically that.

Overall, I think I agree with Johnny and DW. For some reason EPL seems worst adjudicated, that's on PGMOL

Tony Scholes on TalkSPORT recently bit of a mr PGMOL, very patronising bloke basically saying it takes times and could take up to 10 years to run smoothly. Sorry that’s not good enough and just telling people to sit tight and wait is not good enough either. Also moaned about managers stating in public that they’ve complained about a decision. Sorry that’s the least of your worries. Not sure if it’s the same bloke that raised his flag against Doherty v Spurs in 2018 when he was very much onside.

Look a lot of the times it’s stepped in to alter a decision against I can see it my biggest issue has been its ability to go hiding when we’ve desperately needed it. Man Utd away, Newcastle home, Sheff Utd away this season it should’ve stepped in and overturned the decision but didn’t.

It would be interesting to see if there are any statistics around player injuries.

Particularly muscle and soft tissue related injuries in those matches where decisions have taken way too long, players have been standing around for several minutes and then go full tilt again. It can't be good for them.

When I saw that, the one I found interesting was Ipswich given their fans experiences of it have been neutral apart from maybe the odd cup tie

Just out of curiosity, who watched the Germany v Scotland game and thought VAR actually contributed positively to the game?

For me, it was implemented well and the correct decisions made in a timely fashion.

Just out of curiosity, who watched the Germany v Scotland game and thought VAR actually contributed positively to the game?

For me, it was implemented well and the correct decisions made in a timely fashion.
Think a lot of us did, if it was as well used as that 90% ofcthe time there'd be very little objection to it.

Back