• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

We Want Plates

Eh, now come on I'm pretty much OK with any combo of foods, but Yorkshire pud with a full breakfast is just silly. Although I do like Yorkshires with any meat dinner, beef, pork, lamb, chicken, mince, makes no odds to me, I also like mint sauce on any meat, which I fully realise makes me a bit weird.
It opens up a whole new avenue of flavour because you can have an isolated little island of gravy, if you're that way inclined.

I'm also throwing out an objection to the London/South East tendency to stick chips on a fry up. No neeeeeeeed.
Normally I'm a live and let live guy with this sort of stuff - but absolutely agree with this.

Couldn’t imagine having one frequently but a full english at the right time is a thing of beauty.

Hotel, guesthouse or cafe. Cup of tea. Orange juice, then coffee. Sausages, bit of bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, toast, black pudding, beans, coffee. More coffee. Hike all day, sandwich from a rucksack on a mountain top. Majestic pint of real ale in a stone pub about 5pm on the way down.

Heaven.

Couldn’t imagine having one frequently but a full english at the right time is a thing of beauty.

Hotel, guesthouse or cafe. Cup of tea. Orange juice, then coffee. Sausages, bit of bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, toast, black pudding, beans, coffee. More coffee. Hike all day, sandwich from a rucksack on a mountain top. Majestic pint of real ale in a stone pub about 5pm on the way down.

Heaven.
I read this with Ron Manager's voice in my head

Heaven.
This and then classic pub meal for dinner.

3 sugars in tea isn't that uncommon.

Bob Mortimer used to have 17 sugars in his tea.

My teeth are fine according to my dentist.

1 Thing that doesn't belong on a full English that seems to be creeping in is a side of steak chips. I guess it's a filler for the plate which means less beans!!! (Or tinned toms!)

I'm in for any kind of fried potato on a breakfast, be that chips, hash browns, bubble, sautéed potatoes.
Tobys does bubble hash browns with their breakfast, they are banging...

Back