• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

What are you currently listening to....

There is/was a covers thread somewhere that suggests a lot of good covers!

Roundabout - Yes (I know, no brownie points for a deep cut here)

Chris Squire on bass for them IIRC? That Rickenbacker clank still hits 50+ years on. Always in awe of how clearly produced the record is, too, given the '71 release.

It has taken me 40 yesr plus to realise that the best single I´ve ever heard is Japans "Ghosts" from 1981.
Better late than never hey?
The most remakable song that ever reached the UK top five...just to think it could be a hit...unthinable nowadays..unfortunately.
I lay flat for it..it is a piece of music I simply love..add the David Sylvian of 1981 on top of that.
I´m straight..and as a dude..wish I would have had the looks ..

Best song since 2010 is from SWEDEN!
Robyn..Dancing On My Own.
I dare anyone to oppose it.

• Wow
Reactions: b3h
Today I've been listening to some of my 'modern' stuff, Version 2.0, Superunknown and Ten😃
Currently as I'm baby sitting my grandson, we've got Humpty fucking Dumpty on repeat (he likes the 'have a great fall' bit.

Superunknown and Ten are classics. Was Version 2.0 by Garbage? Never really got into them apart from their famous singles

Today I've been listening to some of my 'modern' stuff, Version 2.0, Superunknown and Ten😃
Currently as I'm baby sitting my grandson, we've got Humpty fucking Dumpty on repeat (he likes the 'have a great fall' bit.
Great minds, mate. I spun Superunknown for the first time in a couple of years this morning.

Ten I'm less high on as an album but still some bangers on there.

Great minds, mate. I spun Superunknown for the first time in a couple of years this morning.

Ten I'm less high on as an album but still some bangers on there.
Yeah Ten is more about the big singles.

@sycophantia can you pick out a favorite grunge or grunge-adjacent record?
Must admit I'm not the world's biggest Grunge fan, just like the well known stuff really, still think Nevermind is popular for a reason.
On related stuff, not Grunge but Foo Fighters first album is very interesting.
Also, although I tend not to like supergroups very often, Audioslaves first album is stonking, Chris Cornell on fine form.

Garbages debut & version 2.0 are both superb albums. Agree pretty much everything after isn't as good.
Strongly disagree that ten is about the singles. Once, Black, porch, release, why go, deep are all amazing songs . The album tracks are better imo, though that may be because familiarity breeds contempt.

You have excellent taste in music :)

Garbages debut & version 2.0 are both superb albums. Agree pretty much everything after isn't as good.
Strongly disagree that ten is about the singles. Once, Black, porch, release, why go, deep are all amazing songs . The album tracks are better imo, though that may be because familiarity breeds contempt.
Garbage’s 3rd album has some great songs on it. It went downhill after that though. I used to be a bit obsessed with Shirley Manson when I was 16!

Garbage’s 3rd album has some great songs on it. It went downhill after that though. I used to be a bit obsessed with Shirley Manson when I was 16!
I still am at 64, their early performances oozed sex appeal, she has a bit of a feral vibe for me,
Voice, looks and personality = excitement.
Oh and the band are pretty good too.

Back