• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Bournemouth: Verdict Thread

That was rough. Of those playing tonight - and I know it doesn't work this way - we've got decent players in RAN and Cunha to build around. Lemina too, I think he's ok. But other than that, who would you want to keep?

The first 60 minutes were about as bad as it gets at this level. Shite! We improved a fair bit after the subs and I do quite like the look of Chirewa, but I'm reaching really. Bournemouth thoroughly deserved their win in the end, then out of nowhere it turns into the VAR show. Roll on the summer.

How we've gone from well organised and up for the fight against possibly the best team in the league, with half a team, to that first half shambles and lack of effort against a mid table side, with what you'd think was a stronger line up Im not sure.
Then again we've seen it before, play well against the top teams then lose to the whipping boys.

We’re not much better than Bournemouth I’d argue they’re better than us currently. They’re not whipping boys either.
The absolute best 11 we can put out is a solid 9-13th placed side below that the quality drops off dramatically.
Also some players are integral to us being any good you need at least 1 of Neto or Cunha fully fit to stand a chance ideally both. Dawson being out removes any leadership from the middle of defence also.

We’re not much better than Bournemouth I’d argue they’re better than us currently. They’re not whipping boys either.
The absolute best 11 we can put out is a solid 9-13th placed side below that the quality drops off dramatically.
Also some players are integral to us being any good you need at least 1 of Neto or Cunha fully fit to stand a chance ideally both. Dawson being out removes any leadership from the middle of defence also.
Yeah, I already said whipping boys was OTT. Mid table, similar to us.
But I'm sure you got the gist, the difference in performance level V Arsenal and tonight was stark.
....and we've seen similar before

I get form tables are just a data point, but last 6 games we are the worse team in the league, below Sheff Utd. Last 8 we are 3rd bottom with 5pts and then last 10 we are 14th. So trending the wrong way and don't look unlucky to be doing so.

You'd think our captain would show some leadership qualities now and again. But nope. He's a charisma vacuum. And a complete liability at least once per game.

We were shite.

Traore and Chirewa the best players, but we were set up appallingly.

The only thing I can see with disallowed goal is that the flayed arm stops him blocking the cross but I’m really stretching things, or whether they see it as deliberate offensive so it foul regardless. Just wish they were as scrupulous with Forest first goal 11 days ago

Awful, awful performance, don’t let the VAR shite take away from how poor we were, just don’t hope O’Neill doesn’t come out with he recent post match bollocks and just calls it what it was, crap.

He seems to be blaming the players for the first 45 too.

Back