• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bees fan here

scotty

Reaction score
Just wanted to say good game!

Boring first half and action-packed second. Neither of us looked particularly good today I didn't think. Was a pretty even game and all the goals were kind of unlucky really, including ours for you. Your 2nd goal was never a free kick though, it was a foul on us. Incredible refereeing decision. He was awful today! We improved last 20mins and should have equalised then you caught us on the break. I left at that point..

First visit to Molyneux and it's a really nice ground I thought. Look forward to going again soon I hope.

The ref was a utter disaster mate but it evened out we were the better team i think
but i am amazingly biased BTW if you think the 1st half was boring never get Kenny Jackett in

Just wanted to say good game!

Boring first half and action-packed second. Neither of us looked particularly good today I didn't think. Was a pretty even game and all the goals were kind of unlucky really, including ours for you. Your 2nd goal was never a free kick though, it was a foul on us. Incredible refereeing decision. He was awful today! We improved last 20mins and should have equalised then you caught us on the break. I left at that point..

First visit to Molyneux and it's a really nice ground I thought. Look forward to going again soon I hope.

Said on another site that I feel we have developed a bit of a friendly rivalry with you guys due to the L1 season and then being around each other since, having been quite heavily linked with him at the time was convinced Hogan would score yesterday so pleased to have slowed him down.

I thought we were the better team and if Ikeme doesn't make a mess of Kaikai's strike we would have won more comfortably as the goal came out of nowhere. I was a bit disappointed in Brentford really as i thought they played excellent stuff when they came here under Carsley last year and expected much the same under Smith but they hit more long balls than i thought they would and some of the challenges were agricultural to say the least.

They wanted to play but we generally stopped them. Forced them into long passes, so many of them over hit under pressure.

The number 19, ginger haired lad was key to them. Everything went through him but he was losing his head a bit...gobby little shit in the 2nd half. Should have been booked 3 times for getting in the Refs face.

I thought we closed down well but even when not under pressure they went to the long ball more than i thought they would and like you say lots of them over hit and that was under no pressure sometimes.

The ginger lad was Ryan Woods. He was decent i thought and everything went through him but don't think he was ever that threatening. He also looked like he was towing a caravan when he tried to catch Costa. I think they miss Judge massively but most teams would at this level.

Think the games I' be been to the last couple of seasons must have worse than I thought if you thought the first half was boring, the BBC also said it was dour, but for me that was the most exciting we've been for some time. Think you tried to control possession but our closing down all over the pitch meant you had to go long, often over hit, maybe the gusting wind caused problems, certainly Iorfa got caught with miss judging the high ball a few times. Ginger got loads of space and possession but our mid and front 3 worked really hard so he had no outlet. 3-1 probably flatters us but think we just about deserved the 3 points.

Regarding our free kick, looking at the highlights from your site, our man had his arm across Woods chest but no holding which is usually permitted. Woods then locked his arm around the Wolves players arm and pulled him down so not so contentious really.

It's definitely a Wolves free kick. The ball squirms free after Woods goes past the first player, Costa gets himself in front of Woods, they both put their arms across each others chest but Woods falls over and drags Costa down on top of him. One of the few decisions the ref got right all game.

Not A pen for Tex
Was a foul for our 2nd
there's was a Pen

Not A pen for Tex

Trust me, as some sat right behind the foul on Tex, it was a penalty all day long.

(although your words are actually correct, as it wasn't a penalty....mainly due to the guy pretending to be a referee for the day)

Took his swinging leg out from behind him and was no where near the ball. That's a penalty every day of the week for me. Honestly don't know what the referee saw - and if he thought it was a dive he should have booked Tex. Very poor refereeing.

Took his swinging leg out from behind him and was no where near the ball. That's a penalty every day of the week for me. Honestly don't know what the referee saw - and if he thought it was a dive he should have booked Tex. Very poor refereeing.

It was not a dive, it looked in the video I saw as though Tex kicked the floor, and went down.

The Brentford defender caught his swinging leg as he was going to make a pass. Unfortunate and not malicious but should still have been a penalty.

The Brentford defender caught his swinging leg as he was going to make a pass. Unfortunate and not malicious but should still have been a penalty.

I sit in the higher tier and I couldn't say one way or the other if it definitely was a penalty - oh and I was on the pisser at the time too :icon_twisted:

I sit in the higher tier and I couldn't say one way or the other if it definitely was a penalty - oh and I was on the pisser at the time too :icon_twisted:

Was the ref with you?

Nah he was on the piss not the pisser.

Back