• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Climate Change Debate

Peaceful protest that was in breach of Section 7.

It was inevitable it was going to happen. Something had to be done and very little sympathy I’m afraid.

The passion for the meaning behind the protests shouldn’t cloud the judgement.

The rights to any protest shouldn’t extend to the sort of havoc and paralysis these were creating.

The legislation is a consequence, you reap what you sow unfortunately.

The legislation is a consequence of right wing ideology. Not of the impact of the protest.

We can go round in circles forever on that one, but I think it’s very naive to utterly dismiss the impact of the protests in that way.

It’s one of the blinkered own-goals imv but the protesters were buoyed by their perception of success and opened the door to legislation change.

I suspect many of the protesters would feel the same if they were stuck in traffic while right-wing lunatics blocked roads marching about stopping small boats while the police just looked on helplessly.

The law change would’ve come either way.

I agree with any right to protest, but blocking the roads isn't peaceful.

Hardly spraying bullets around Al Capone style.

Ciuldn't think where else to put this, sorry.
5.23am this morning, earthquake.
Woke me up and was so strong and so long, i was out of bed and under the door jam in olympic record time.
Did a check all around the house for damage, all ok, took a fierce lamp and went outside and all around the house to check for cracks, when the second one hit.
The ground shook and wobbled so much i thought a hole would open underneath my feet and i was offski.
Not the first quake here, but in all my 33 years here by far the stongest, yet turned out to be only 4.9R.
Checking the news this morning turned out to be right on the beach here, maybe1/2k from the house.
We've never had one anywhere near as close before, and there's no plates or owt like that anywhere near.
Things are changing, just hope my mountain doesn't decide to become a volcano.
No damage to the house, but the second one while i was outside seriously thteatened my underpants.🙄

That sounds pretty scarey, or is that just normal for Greece?
The odd one every few years is kinda normal, but happening on our beach here, with no teutonic plates anywhere close is frankly very wierd.
For a 4.9R to be so strong is a first here, and living up a little mountain i kinda worry i might be going to the beach while still sitting on my sofa 🙄

The odd one every few years is kinda normal, but happening on our beach here, with no teutonic plates anywhere close is frankly very wierd.
For a 4.9R to be so strong is a first here, and living up a little mountain i kinda worry i might be going to the beach while still sitting on my sofa 🙄
Those fucking Germans get everywhere.

Whilst the headline is clearly bollocks, the second line is true to a large degree.

Back