• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hartlepools United

Hartlepool were dead and buried months ago but Ronnie Moore is working miracles... The North East can't lose another League team and I'm glad they have put up such a great fight to survive

Really need to make sure they don't go down - Conference is a hard league to get back out of.

Only 1 guaranteed place up & any play off is a lottery. Many sides in there now who have been a league side as well - all of whom think they have a chance to get back there (plus quite a few who have not been there, but have not been that far away)

If Hartlepool stay up then Ronnie Moore deserves the manager of the year award.

Plus, I like his comment about putting the ball in ice. Back to basics...

Its Hartlepool United... No bloody s...

They haven't been Hartlepools since the 60's Frank.

Funnily enough, I went to see Hartlepool play Mansfield up there a couple of weekends ago. Nice friendly club and they've clearly got a good spirit within the team. Wouldn't bet against them staying up.

And all around the ground they've got big signs saying things like "Pools til I die" and "Come on you Pools".

Funnily enough, I went to see Hartlepool play Mansfield up there a couple of weekends ago. Nice friendly club and they've clearly got a good spirit within the team. Wouldn't bet against them staying up.

And all around the ground they've got big signs saying things like "Pools til I die" and "Come on you Pools".

So their own fans still use the "s"'

I hope they stay up, and if nothing else at least they now have a fighting chance of avoiding the drop.

So their own fans still use the "s"'

I hope they stay up, and if nothing else at least they now have a fighting chance of avoiding the drop.

Several of the songs they sang used the "s", yes. The signs were official ones on the fascias of the stands. I guess just a way of keeping the link with history.

Back