• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ian Cartwright

FrankMunro-371

Reaction score
I was saddened to hear this morning of the death of former Wolves defender Ian Cartwright. Ian played for the club between 1982 and 1986, and made 70 appearances. He had been suffering with cancer for a number of years, but refused to let it beat him. Despite his bravery and determination, Ian sadly lost his battle.

R.I.P.

RIP, I saw you play.

Sadly he played at a time when the club was in decline. He was probably one of the better players, but the downward spiral we were on would not have helped, plus he had a few injuries. If I remember correctly I think his career was ended early due to a serious leg injury.

Ashamed to say I don't remember this one, it was during a time when I was at a low ebb in my Wolves support, still, RIP and condolences to the family

Although he didn't play too many games, he was actually one of our longest serving players back then. RIP.

Although he didn't play too many games, he was actually one of our longest serving players back then. RIP.

Agreed. At a time when Wolves could barely attract even a half decent player, Ian, while not the greatest player we have ever had showed great loyalty to the club.

Back