• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pet Insurance

Hereford Wolf

Reaction score
After our poor Labradoodle Flo passed away on Christmas Eve last year, we are just about ready to welcome a new dog into the house.
Betty, the red mini poodle is being picked up on Friday. Very exciting. Pictures will follow.
We have always used Petplan in the past and found them very good, but they are a bit more expensive than other companies.
Any other recommendations? Cheers.

We’re with Waggle I think it’s called. Followed Martin Lewis’s guide.

My wife is training to be a vet nurse at the moment and working at a vets. We were talking about this the other day. Petplan are generally the best (get what you pay for really) but I’ll ask her when she gets home later as I know there is one particular company to avoid and one that’s suprisingly good but I can’t remember which at the moment!

We were with Animal Friends until my dog passed about a year ago. Had been with Petplan for a few years but switched when the premiums doubled one year for no discernable reason. Had no complaints with either of them in terms of how easy they were to speak with over the phone, processing claims, etc.

Just check, but I'm not sure if they all do this but around 7 years old and the cover falls to 60%, which is a bit of a pisser when most of the dogs failings, challenges or illnesses call them what you will come after their 7 birthday.
Our dog at the time had a detached retina (€2,000) Diabetes, and cancer. regardless of your premiums check the later in life cover.

My wife is training to be a vet nurse at the moment and working at a vets. We were talking about this the other day. Petplan are generally the best (get what you pay for really) but I’ll ask her when she gets home later as I know there is one particular company to avoid and one that’s suprisingly good but I can’t remember which at the moment!
Any update from your wife please?

Just check, but I'm not sure if they all do this but around 7 years old and the cover falls to 60%, which is a bit of a pisser when most of the dogs failings, challenges or illnesses call them what you will come after their 7 birthday.
Our dog at the time had a detached retina (€2,000) Diabetes, and cancer. regardless of your premiums check the later in life cover.
Yep when a dog turns 8 is when they're generally considered to have become "senior" by most insurers (and some vets might even recommend switching to senior dog food as well). I guess a very minor silver lining to my dog dying of cancer last year was that she was only 7 1/2, so our cover was still fairly good (including covering most of her euthanasia/cremation costs).

Last edited:
Back