• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

starting team?

ruudboy

Reaction score
Hello there. As a genuine non-affiliated fan (not many of those around i know - i've travelled around a lot!) I'm as enthusiastic about Wolves chances next year as any promoted team i can ever remember.
However, for my fantasy football league purposes I'm really struggling to work out whether Douglas is going to be red hot or on the bench due to Vinagre and Zinchenko?
Douglas and Doherty are assists merchants but are either likely to play much?
Jota is down in Fantasy League as a midfielder, which should be an absolute result.
Any assistance given re Wolves most likely starters would be most welcome!

many thanks

Doherty is certainly not an assist machine. I’d have Douglas over him any day, Vinagre won’t start so don’t pick him and Zinchenko may well be deployed in midfield. Jota should be a bargain if he’s classed as a midfielder.

Jimenez could be the real bargain. At one stage last season Bonatini had a crazy amount of goals/assists and Raul should be playing in a similar role.

Helder Costa also a very good shout, he was unplayable towards the end of last season and if he carries that form forward he could make a huge impact in the Premier League.

I'd also watch closely to see who we sign at RWB. Doherty should have been much more productive given the space he was afforded by our formation and Ruben's passing range. A player with more quality could get quite a few goals/assists.

i picked my team last night and Douglas and Jota were both in it.

Jota as a midfielder is a no-brainer. Avoid Doherty though, he's not actually that productive. Douglas is #1 LWB unless we sign someone significantly better, and he has the added advantage of taking set pieces, along with Neves.

Jota and Douglas are currently in mine on FPL

Really helpful, thank you

We do an auction so I’m hoping the above may not be that well known to my friends the other managers. If they are up to speed, I’m looking may Patricio and Boly as regular starters, possible alternating with Leicester’s Schmeichel and Maguire.

Probable first 11 as of today:
Patricio
Doherty*
Boly
Coady
Bennett*
Douglas*
Neves
Saiss*
Jota
Jiminez
Costa/Cavaleiro (one will do an hour the other 30 mins most games.
Those with a *could be upgraded over the next month

And I thought I got too into FF.

Patricio
Doherty
Boly
Coady
Bennet
Douglas
Neves
Saiss
Jota
Jimenez
Cavaliero

Only Two real changes from last season, whoever I can see Saiss and Doherty positions being under threat and Saiss will eventually be used more as centre half as opposed to midfield.

I've got Neves and Jota in Midfield and Boly in defence. all for the price of Mo Sallah (almost) who I have also got.

where are you guys playing?

many thanks again.

Our FF is private, ie 9 of us in an auction and one generous soul (not me) knocking it out on a spreadsheet!

Sounds familiar....

Back