• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Best of 2017 - TWF's Votes

Category 1 - Unsung Hero of 2017

D. Romain Saiss

Category 2 - Best Moment of 2017

A. Nuno's appointment (could have been Liverpool game but Nuno's appointment is going to do so much over a period of time for the club)

Category 3 - Best Goal

D. Neves v Sheff Wed

Category 4 - Best Game

A. Liverpool 2-1 Away (probably go for Bristol away if it was up to me, game had everything and that 94th minute winner)

Category 5 - Player of the Year

A. Diogo Jota (this could have been all 4 but i think Jota made such a difference early on although Neves is getting better and better)

Cat 4 - Bristol away was 2018 otherwise I would have been annoyed that that wasn't one of the choices

Last edited:
AABBC

Both Doherty and Coady have been superb this season - and it is huge credit to Nuno for the change he has brought about in them. Virtually everyone on this forum would have accepted £1m for Coady the day before Nuno arrived. Now if someone offered £10m we'd say "Which leg are you trying to buy?" Doherty? Bloody hell. Just watch that moment from the game vs. Brentford again if you're not convinced

D. Romain Saiss
A. Nuno's appointment - a pivotal decision. We wouldn't be where we are without him.
D. Neves v Sheff Wed
B. Villa 2-0 Home. Made it look like we shouldn't be playing in the same league as a team who will probably challenge for the top two this season.
A. Diogo Jota

The results!!!

Category 1 - Unsung Hero of 2017

1st place - D - Romain Saiss - 20

2nd place - B - Conor Coady - 16
3rd place - A - Matt Doherty - 4
4th place - C - John Ruddy - 2

Category 2 - Best Moment of 2017

1st place - A - Nuno's Appointment - 27
2nd place - B - Liverpool Win - 14
3rd place - D - Signing Jota - 1
4th place - C - Stears' goal at Liverpool - 0

Category 3 - Best Goal

1st place - A - Neves v Hull - 22
2nd place - D - Neves v Sheff Wed - 12
= 3rd place - B - Douglas v Leeds - 4
= 3rd place - C - Weimann v Liverpool - 4

Category 4 - Best Game

1st place - B - Villa 2-0 Home - 21
2nd place - A - Liverpool 2-1 Away - 16
3rd place - D - Leeds 4-1 Home - 5
4th place - C - Bristol City 3-3 Home - 0

Category 5 - Player of the Year

1st place - A - Diogo Jota - 22

2nd place - B - Ruben Neves - 11
3rd place - C - Conor Coady - 8
4th place - D - Helder Costa - 1

3/5 out of my own choices.

Reason I went for Liverpool as the 'best game' is because it was just totally unexpected with the team/manager we had at the time. Going away to a top 6 PL side like that and doing them over - and the celebrations after Weimann scored will stay with me for many a year.

Yeah 3 of mine were too.

No surprise to see that no-one voted for the 3-3 draw against Bristol City as best game!! Not in a year when we've played plenty of teams off the park. Personally I'd have chosen the 5-1 win over Bolton. That was glorious.

I also think we should have had at least 1 Helder Costa goal, but there you go.

4 out of 5. Just Nunos appointment I didn't go with, purely because when the appointment was made I wasn't as excited as I was with Liverpool result or say Neves signing (which was a bigger moment at the time)

Yeah 3 of mine were too.

No surprise to see that no-one voted for the 3-3 draw against Bristol City as best game!! Not in a year when we've played plenty of teams off the park. Personally I'd have chosen the 5-1 win over Bolton. That was glorious.

I also think we should have had at least 1 Helder Costa goal, but there you go.

To be fair, whilst it was a proper, sleeves up and dig your heels in performance against Brizzle, it was the last minute goal and the wild celebrations that followed which made it. Large chunks of that game were quite forgettable. So I can see why people didn't vote for that as the 'best game'.

The performance against Villa was about as close to a 'complete' performance I've seen from a Wolves side in my lifetime (5-1 win v Forest under Mick is also right up there), so that was a close second for me, but it's not every day you go away to Anfield and beat them with a team containing Harry Burgoyne, Dave Edwards, George Saville & Andi Weimann!

To be fair, whilst it was a proper, sleeves up and dig your heels in performance against Brizzle, it was the last minute goal and the wild celebrations that followed which made it. Large chunks of that game were quite forgettable. So I can see why people didn't vote for that as the 'best game'.

The performance against Villa was about as close to a 'complete' performance I've seen from a Wolves side in my lifetime (5-1 win v Forest under Mick is also right up there), so that was a close second for me, but it's not every day you go away to Anfield and beat them with a team containing Harry Burgoyne, Dave Edwards, George Saville & Andi Weimann!

Pfft, we've won 2 out of the last 3 at Anfield. Pushovers...

Are you getting your Bristol City matches mixed up? The win at Ashton Gate isn't on this because the shortlist was voted for by supporters before that game happened.

If it was the home game, Batth's equaliser wasn't in the last minute... #pedant

Are you getting your Bristol City matches mixed up? The win at Ashton Gate isn't on this because the shortlist was voted for by supporters before that game happened.

If it was the home game, Batth's equaliser wasn't in the last minute... #pedant

Yes I am :icon_lol:

Back