• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Swiss Ramble on Wolves' finances

As we don't have figures for our cash at bank as of 31 May 2016 we can't say with any absolute certainty what the position is. However the likelihood is there is a significant wedge of cash there (as we haven't spent it), we know the outgoings aren't anywhere near as high now as they were 12-18 months ago...I just don't see how you're arriving at your conclusion that there's a big gaping hole right now, I think you're putting seasons/accounting years into isolation and not taking account of money carried over. We're not going to have figures for how we stand without parachute money until February/March 2018! It's miles off yet and as far as I can see we have already got ourselves into a position of being ok for at least one year.

That's not to say we won't sell first team players though and continue to run our transfer business on an absolute best case basis of break even.

As we don't have figures for our cash at bank as of 31 May 2016

The Swiss Rambler says it's one million:

"Basically, they have no financial debt, though their cash balance is now down to just £1 million compared to last year’s £7 million, having been as high as £26 million in 2011. It should be noted that they also owe other clubs £2 million in transfer fees."

As we don't have figures for our cash at bank as of 31 May 2016 we can't say with any absolute certainty what the position is. However the likelihood is there is a significant wedge of cash there (as we haven't spent it), we know the outgoings aren't anywhere near as high now as they were 12-18 months ago...I just don't see how you're arriving at your conclusion that there's a big gaping hole right now, I think you're putting seasons/accounting years into isolation and not taking account of money carried over. We're not going to have figures for how we stand without parachute money until February/March 2018! It's miles off yet and as far as I can see we have already got ourselves into a position of being ok for at least one year.

That's not to say we won't sell first team players though and continue to run our transfer business on an absolute best case basis of break even.

I'm not talking about cash, I'm talking about the club breaking even, although I do think cash will be a concern, but haven't really looked into how big or small that might be.

Back