• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Helps by instantly putting a positive after it doesn't it.

I know plenty will want it to be an attack on Jeff, as if that will equal anything happening but not for me.
So you’re happy with Jeff?

So you’re happy with Jeff?
yeah mate despite earlier today agreeing with you he should go and have been saying for 2 years he shouldn't be at Wolves

You and no doubt many others on here will see it as a 2 footed challenge on Jeff from Mario......I don't see it that way. That doesn't mean I now love the bloke and think he is doing a sterling job..... long live Jeff.

yeah mate despite earlier today agreeing with you he should go and have been saying for 2 years he shouldn't be at Wolves

You and no doubt many others on here will see it as a 2 footed challenge on Jeff from Mario......I don't see it that way. That doesn't mean I now love the bloke and think he is doing a sterling job..... long live Jeff.
IMG_8257.gif

Helps by instantly putting a positive after it doesn't it.

I know plenty will want it to be an attack on Jeff, as if that will equal anything happening but not for me.
Why mention tiny squad at all if he wanted to praise the character of the squad?

By trying to ensure that people know the squad is small as a contributory factor, but at that same time definitely not displaying unhappiness that the squad is tiny?

He’s clearly frustrated but it’s hardly brandishing knives at Jeff, is it.

It's not even "Oh if they get better players we could push for Europe". Our ceiling has always been mid table, we just fluked the best run at the start of being back in the EPL. It's the FA Cup, something to actually look forward to, being hamstrung by squad depth issues. Them only doing the bare minimum when things are going well just makes it clear that they're not running the team like a football club.

The limited by FFP stuff is just crap, our problem with ownership is a cash flow problem. The proof is in the stadium matience stuff not being done, the lack of investment in the Women's team. None of that "counts" towards it. I really wish we could get some truth serum into someone at the club to explain what is really going on, but those sorts of things only come out 5 years or so down the line by someone with an obvious angle. It's just frustrating.

Also kinda strange (imo) that post January window Hobbs has gotten so little flack. Sellars was first scapegoated before even Lage was in the firing line. We know Jeff should go of course. Is it simply because this isn't a relegation struggle?

Welcome to what you have to deal with, GON.

It's not even "Oh if they get better players we could push for Europe". Our ceiling has always been mid table, we just fluked the best run at the start of being back in the EPL. It's the FA Cup, something to actually look forward to, being hamstrung by squad depth issues. Them only doing the bare minimum when things are going well just makes it clear that they're not running the team like a football club.

The limited by FFP stuff is just crap, our problem with ownership is a cash flow problem. The proof is in the stadium matience stuff not being done, the lack of investment in the Women's team. None of that "counts" towards it. I really wish we could get some truth serum into someone at the club to explain what is really going on, but those sorts of things only come out 5 years or so down the line by someone with an obvious angle. It's just frustrating.

Also kinda strange (imo) that post January window Hobbs has gotten so little flack. Sellars was first scapegoated before even Lage was in the firing line. We know Jeff should go of course. Is it simply because this isn't a relegation struggle?

Welcome to what you have to deal with, GON.

We made more bad signings when Sellars was around, and he obviously didn't help himself with the tactics board (still funny to think that actually happened).

With Hobbs now it's pretty clear that his hands are tied. Bellegarde and Bueno aren't great signings, but they also aren't that bad. Plus, he was the one that brought O'Neil in.

I'm still not sold on him as the messiah that some claim, but Lopetegui and O'Neil have made it clear that he's been on their side.

With O'Neil also stating that he voiced his concerns about the squad going into January and that Hobbs supported him, it seems pretty clear to me (as many thought at the time) that they were both told Sasa and Silva leaving would allow them to get a player in. So I'm not sure what we'd be blaming him for?

Agree the FFP stuff is crap, and our owners are the biggest problem right now. I just listened to Keen and Judah's podcast and Keen constantly referencing it as the reason for this 'strategy'. So annoying to listen to when the figures say it all. We're £113m without allowable deductions, which The Athletic forecast at around £17m a year. They're (Keen and Madeley) essentially claiming we're on course to lose £22m for PSR purposes this season which simply cannot be the case.

As an aside, Keen was keen ( :) ) to point out that O'Neil went off on his own with what he described as a 'rant' last night. Was asked a question about the West Ham game and started moaning about January.

Last edited:
Chiwome:
Lots of talk about Sasa and Fabio. Sasa would've gotten hurt here, and Fabio would've been maybe a little better than Fraser or Chiwome. If RAN slots the ball for a Chiwome goal, then we're singing his praises for a great run. However, we're saying he's too young and can't control the ball because he can't score. Also, Sarabia missed him on a thru ball that would've left him possibly 1v1 on goal. Maybe he turns into an Adama and blasts the ball over goal or just has no quality finish. We'll never know because he didn't get that opportunity.

Sorry I'm focusing on one player during game.
Sarabia:
I think Sarabia forgets what its like to not be in the starting XI. When he made his appearance against Spurs nobody thought he was going to make a difference. He needs to make the youngsters as good as possible but I believe he just doesn't feel they can score so he holds ball up.

I think in his time at Wolves we've seen perfectly well why Sarabia has played for some top sides and ultimately why he's never been indispensable to them and they've all ended up letting him go at some point. He's got plenty of talent but he's also prone to being flaky as fuck, top sides can carry that to an extent and then usually have the luxury of an equally talented player to take his place when it becomes intolerable.

Finally RAN:
Very good qualities for a "midfielder" but lacking in front of goal. If you look back a few weeks every time he received the ball near or in the box he'd attempt to take his time and slot to his left foot and the defender would close him out. His goals have been scored because of no time to think, header and a toe flick. His last two misses were sitters. Spend some training time on finishing, with both feet. For the foreseeable future he's going to be the 2nd option and he needs to get more goals.

If "holds ball up" is what Sarabia was doing it wouldn't be as much of a problem. He's verging on Podence territory (not there yet, mind) with the stupid flicks to nobody.

Someone needs to tell him that, at the very least, the optics on his last few performances are terrible.

Back