• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Man City 5-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The passing out has been mentioned a lot, the high line equally baffling. 3 passes and they were continually in behind. Look at the second penalty, how do you get yourself caught in that position away at City?

@PuntsWolf saying (on the wrong thread :D ) that we look disorganised for the first time since whenever.

I would say it's since the days of Crazy Walt. Which is nearly 8 years ago. We were shite under Lambert and Lage but not haphazardly open.

@PuntsWolf saying (on the wrong thread :D ) that we look disorganised for the first time since whenever.

I would say it's since the days of Crazy Walt. Which is nearly 8 years ago. We were shite under Lambert and Lage but not haphazardly open.
I don't mind a bit of basketball, we are better than you approach sometimes. I thought Nuno was guilty of being too cautious against poorer teams on occasion. Today wasn't that day though

Last edited:
On the positive side, we made shirts!
(I need to wash it, forgive the wrinkles)
View attachment 10307
There used to to be a game on a TV show over here where they'd reveal a sports persons face gradually from below and the first person to guess correctly would win a point.

James Henry.

Edit: Love the shirt btw!

There used to to be a game on a TV show over here where they used to reveal a sports persons face gradually from below and the first person to guess correctly would win a point.

James Henry.
You've made that comparison before and I'm still flattered by it.

The passing out has been mentioned a lot, the high line equally baffling. 3 passes and they were continually in behind. Look at the second penalty, how do you get yourself caught in that position away at City?
Bigger thing for me is we only managed two shots. Two!

If you're going to play as high risk as we do, you're going to get pasted occasionally, that's just what it is. But to come out of it with barely any of the reward that is supposed to come from such high risk play is no good. Especially when Hwang, RAN, and Cunha are all out there; are we going to necessarily win, no, of course not, but we've got to make Ederson do more work than, uh, basically nothing.

Bigger thing for me is we only managed two shots. Two!

If you're going to play as high risk as we do, you're going to get pasted occasionally, that's just what it is. But to come out of it with barely any of the reward that is supposed to come from such high risk play is no good.

It’s a good point high risk should hopefully yield far more efforts on goal, it was just a very odd approach all round.

I think Kilman’s passive nature is indicative of an issue we have as a side. We need a bit more mongrel in us.
Tear up that transfer clause with Olympiakos and grant a special return for Danny P! Haha

Comprehensively agree though, without Dawson in the side we are completely passive in that back line.

I'm not going to comment and it's a really small sample, but equally it's an insight into the away and therefore hardcore fan mentality
I think I'd lean more toward Dawson pocketing Haaland last time as the exception rather than rule in that matchup. Fair play to the pair who seem convinced otherwise, I guess.

I think I'd lean more toward Dawson pocketing Haaland last time as the exception rather than rule in that matchup. Fair play to the pair who seem convinced otherwise, I guess.
TWF isn't real match going Wolves fan life, sometimes I wish it was, sometimes less so, but it isn't

Back