• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil Confirmed

Short of bringing Lage or Saunders back it’s hardly going to get any worse is it.

Short of bringing Lage or Saunders back it’s hardly going to get any worse is it.
It can get worse, of course it can.

McCarthy - Connor
Solbakken - Saunders
Jackett - Zenga
Nuno - Lage

Lampard, Smith, Wilder, Heckingbottom, Edwards, Beale, Alex Neil, there are plenty of managers I can see Hobbs going for, he reportedly spoke to Lampard and Smith after Lop left, and we knows we were in for Beale.

It could get a lot worse.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t class either as step down, much as I would not want them.

Edit, you missed Lop -> GON off your list.

It can get worse, of course it can.

McCarthy - Connor
Solbakken - Saunders
Jackett - Zenga
Nuno - Lage

Lampard, Smith, Wilder, Heckingbottom, Edwards, Beale, Alex Neil, there are plenty of managers I can see Hobbs going for, he reportedly spoke to Lampard and Smith after Lop left, and we knows we were in for Beale.

It could get a lot worse.

Those decisions don't exist in a vacuum though, plenty of internal and external factors can alter by the time we make a managerial change.

We also went Saunders to Jackett, Lambert to Nuno and Lage to Lopetegui, remember

Those decisions don't exist in a vacuum though, plenty of internal and external factors can alter by the time we make a managerial change.

We also went Saunders to Jackett, Lambert to Nuno and Lage to Lopetegui, remember
Yeah, but what about our recent strategy makes you think a good appointment is likely?

You missed out Zenga who is/was possibly on a par with GON.

Yeah, but what about our recent strategy makes you think a good appointment is likely?

It's not as clear cut as that. Our transfer strategy is shit too, but it still gave us Lemina and Gomes.

Besides, inaction because we feel we can't do any better than GON is just micropenis energy

How has 'don't get rid of Sa and sign a new keeper because they might be worse' worked out for us?

Ha.

Well actually it's my opinion based on the direction of travel and evidence of the last few years, the difference with Nuno was that he came from Mendes when we had a much better relationship with him. With Lop, Shi/Fosun had that relationship from the initial contact years ago.

What is there now? Hobbs? Who tried to get Beale when Lop initially turned us down and then went down the road of unimaginative journeymen like Lampard and Smith and then we end up with GON.

What on earth makes you think we're suddenly going to be able to attract a decent manager, or have the ambition to go for someone who is likely to become one?

GON, Smith, Lampard, they're exactly the level we are at now, so this desire to get shot of GON as soon as possible, I understand it. But I don't expect the replacement to be any better, we're on a downward curve.

If GON, Smith and lampard are all we think we can attract they aren’t looking hard enough.

If GON, Smith and lampard are all we think we can attract they aren’t looking hard enough.
You and I know that, but that's exactly what we did after Lop.

We're run by complete fucking idiots, how will we suddenly get a better manager other than by blind luck?

As we all know Sam Johnstone would have been the new keeper, who is equal at best.

Johnstone probably doesn't spanner that kick like someone with a leg made of rubber.

He's nothing special but not the particular brand of moron that Sa is, a clown act I tired of years ago.

If you never roll the dice and stick with what you know is substandard then you will get rubbish results.

Johnstone probably doesn't spanner that kick like someone with a leg made of rubber.

He's nothing special but not the particular brand of moron that Sa is, a clown act I tired of years ago.

If you never roll the dice and stick with what you know is substandard then you will get rubbish results.
And Johnstone doesn't ever give us a performance like Sa did at Everton either.

Oh and Johnstone tried to break Neto's leg last time he was at Molineux, he's substandard.

If I had any confidence that Shi/Hobbs would employ a good replacement for GON I'd want him gone in a heartbeat, but just look at the evidence!?

The argument that we should keep an incredibly sub-standard manager because we might get worse is just so odd.

Ha.

Well actually it's my opinion based on the direction of travel and evidence of the last few years, the difference with Nuno was that he came from Mendes when we had a much better relationship with him. With Lop, Shi/Fosun had that relationship from the initial contact years ago.

What is there now? Hobbs? Who tried to get Beale when Lop initially turned us down and then went down the road of unimaginative journeymen like Lampard and Smith and then we end up with GON.

What on earth makes you think we're suddenly going to be able to attract a decent manager, or have the ambition to go for someone who is likely to become one?

GON, Smith, Lampard, they're exactly the level we are at now, so this desire to get shot of GON as soon as possible, I understand it. But I don't expect the replacement to be any better, we're on a downward curve.
Beale was Sellars. I do share your overarching scepticism though re what a replacement would look like, equally you don't keep a manager who isn't good enough in place. I hope O'Neill works it out, it's hope over expectation though

Anyway the initial point by Tredman was that "we can't do any worse"

Of course we can, and I have very little faith in this lot to suggest we won't.

Back