• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Snooker

Very much doubt it.

They're good players in their own right and it has as good a chance as any of being a good match but can imagine people with tickets for Fri/Sat thinking they were on for O'Sullivan vs Trump will be less keen on getting Bingham vs Jones.

I'd equate it this year to watching Championship football, plenty of drama and stories going on, never sure what to expect, but in overall quality terms it's recognisably been well short.

Definite parallels to @Elephant Pyjamas dreams for a Champions League QF stage full of guff imo

Bloody hell, I've been name checked in a snooker thread! Never once looked in here!

I'm shocked that someone with Dan's politics is so keen on seeing the top dogs remain the top dogs rather than see the underdogs breaking through.

It's not so much that, it's just if it goes too far then the quality suffers, and as a neutral (as I am in the Champions League, and in snooker/darts for that matter, I have players I like more than others but I'm not a fanboi of anyone in particular) that's crucial for me, I want to see the best sport I can.

An underdog story is great, you don't need it every time though and they have to be good enough in their own right to belong in that company, not just *because*.

There's a big difference between seeing a talent breaking through from relatively nowhere like Littler has in darts to a nearly 48 year old Stuart Bingham having a bit of a renaissance, but still really being the same stodgy player he's always been

There's a big difference between seeing a talent breaking through from relatively nowhere like Littler has in darts to a nearly 48 year old Stuart Bingham having a bit of a renaissance, but still really being the same stodgy player he's always been
I have no idea about anything snooker since Jimmy White was playing.

But for me I love an underdog story far more than watching the same old teams (or players) playing one another over and and over again.

I have no idea about anything snooker since Jimmy White was playing.

But for me I love an underdog story far more than watching the same old teams (or players) playing one another over and and over again.
I agree to an extent, but a good underdog story involves them beating the best. Millwall or Cardiff reaching the FA Cup final through spawny draws has me reaching for the off button.

Typical me, I didn't realise it started this afternoon so "Come on Gilly"! (He must be nicknamed Gilly?)

Typical me, I didn't realise it started this afternoon so "Come on Gilly"! (He must be nicknamed Gilly?)
His nickname is The Angry Farmer.

Because his dad's owns a farm and he used to help run it when he was younger.

Bingham vs Jones is much harder going, only two frames completed in around an hour.

Took very nearly 4 hours for the eight frames. Turgid, turgid shit.

Jak "Greece 2004" Jones doesn't help matters but I don't like Bingham either.

I've quite liked Bingham for a while as he's an excellent break builder, but he can be a bit drab at times.

He also reminds me of a Zelda race of characters in Ocarina Of Time (I think) who I can never remember the name of!

He's Baron Greenback out of Danger Mouse

Found em. It was the Goron race in Majora's Mask.

Screenshot_2024-05-03-20-05-35-623_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Back