• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I never realised it was based on a true story until I read an article this morning.

I never realised it was based on a true story until I read an article this morning.
Shogun? The major characters are loosely inspired by real historical figures, and the larger plot points are based on real events from Japanese history.

Shogun? The major characters are loosely inspired by real historical figures, and the larger plot points are based on real events from Japanese history.
Yeah William Adams who became a Samurai and is still taught in Japanese schools to this day.

I’ve just finished Season 2 of Australian traitors and it’s one of the funniest/most silly things I’ve watched in a while

Just finished watching the second series of Kin, enjoyed both series but I'm not sure why, none of the characters have any redeeming characteristics, without fail they're all horrible cunts. Held my interest till the end, probably morbid curiosity on my part to see who is getting 'clipped' next.

Just finished watching the second series of Kin, enjoyed both series but I'm not sure why, none of the characters have any redeeming characteristics, without fail they're all horrible cunts.
Probably because they're violent Dublin drug dealers! Thought Amanda Kinsella was a reluctant villain who was only committing crime due to the family she was married into

Watched Desperate Measures on Netflix last night. Ok but rather silly plot. Francis 'Bren Kinsella' Magee was in it playing the father of the lead character though he was significantly more mellow and rational than Bren!

Characters don't have to be likeable, there's nobody likeable in Succession, but they made some smart, witty, complex and interesting. Kin didn't do that for me, which is why I won't watch series 2, I really didn't care what happened at the end of the first series.

Characters don't have to be likeable, there's nobody likeable in Succession, but they made some smart, witty, complex and interesting. Kin didn't do that for me, which is why I won't watch series 2, I really didn't care what happened at the end of the first series.
Depends on your taste, generally I like at least one likeable character in a drama. I hear what you're saying regarding not watching stuff if you're not invested in some of the characters which is why I'm surprised I liked Kin, whether I'll bother watching series 3 is another thing.

I stopped watching both Peep Show and Always Sunny because all of the characters were complete shits with no redeeming features.
(And I was only watching Peep Show because I had on several occasions been likened to Jez... 😬)

Just finished watching the second series of Kin, enjoyed both series but I'm not sure why, none of the characters have any redeeming characteristics, without fail they're all horrible cunts. Held my interest till the end, probably morbid curiosity on my part to see who is getting 'clipped' next.
Mrs HW liked Michael!

I stopped watching both Peep Show and Always Sunny because all of the characters were complete shits with no redeeming features.
(And I was only watching Peep Show because I had on several occasions been likened to Jez... 😬)
Yeah I definitely had that problem with ASIP too. They're all vile.

Watched a couple of C5 mini-series this week, Coma and Catch. Both with Jason Watkins and both decent, though Coma was the better of the two.

Started 3 Body Problem on Netflix last night, looks like a decent production with a very good cast but absolutely no idea where it’s going yet. No idea of the source material and I’ve steered clear of reviews so I’ll have to wait and see how it unfolds. With three and a half days off now and nowhere to go I’ll find out soon enough.

Finally got round to watching the second season of The Curse. The acting leaves a lot to be desired, but Mick Neville is a great character.

Started 3 Body Problem on Netflix last night, looks like a decent production with a very good cast but absolutely no idea where it’s going yet. No idea of the source material and I’ve steered clear of reviews so I’ll have to wait and see how it unfolds. With three and a half days off now and nowhere to go I’ll find out soon enough.
No spoilers but I liked it, binged it last weekend. Based on a book trilogy which hadn't realised until afterwards.

My dad was a big fan of the books - he said he enjoyed the show and they did a pretty good job considering the source material is a bit mad/makes your brain hurt!

My dad was a big fan of the books - he said he enjoyed the show and they did a pretty good job considering the source material is a bit mad/makes your brain hurt!
The show was making my brain hurt but after two more episodes I’m getting to grips with it. Not the bigger picture as I have no idea who’s behind what but I get what’s going on!

I watched the first episode last week, I liked it but equally no idea what was going on

I watched the first episode last week, I liked it but equally no idea what was going on
It does become clear after a couple more episodes. There’s a scene in episode five that’s utterly fucking grim but at the same time equally as epic as anything I’ve seen in a movie.

Back