• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Andre Silva signed for Sevilla on loan. Poor move for him.

Last edited:
According to the SkySports Ins n' Outs for the club, we sold Ming Yang to Jumila for an undisclosed fee. Is that right?

According to the SkySports Ins n' Outs for the club, we sold Ming Yang to Jumila for an undisclosed fee. Is that right?
Think it was initially reported as a loan? Maybe not.

TIM 2 seems to indicate it's a loan.

Nope, he was here all last season.

He might well have gone on loan but we haven't announced anything.

Never an actual target Silva scores a hat trick on his Sevilla debut.

In made up, never going to happen, news Saiss is off to Forest on loan.

I've seen rumours that we wanted to sign Miguel Veloso on a free. Maybe if that happened. Though I thought rules had changed now and you couldn't sign free transfers outside of windows.

I've seen rumours that we wanted to sign Miguel Veloso on a free. Maybe if that happened. Though I thought rules had changed now and you couldn't sign free transfers outside of windows.

I think you can but they must have been out of contract before the window closed. They can't have their contract cancelled and then sign for another team

Have I completely missed when the PL squad lists have to be in? IIRC, they used to be 1 September, the day after the transfer window closed - is that still the case?

Have I completely missed when the PL squad lists have to be in? IIRC, they used to be 1 September, the day after the transfer window closed - is that still the case?

Is it still the 1st due to the European Windows closing then, so players can still leave the clubs in this country so lists can't be finalised until then

Johhny's fave on the Wing Back scenario (we will just presume Johnny thinks he is a cunt and everything he says is a lie and then the discussion on here will be 10 angry posts lighter...)

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...efended-as-wolves-say-they-have-enough-cover/

Thought he was about to give the Stearman reason for shipping out Douglas but swerved it at the last.
Good to see Jonny is seen as a RWB as well (im sure most will see Doc can play on the left as well, but that is less of a concern due to more cover on that side) and even better to see that Ryan Giles is an option after impressing in pre-season.

Yeah I think Vinagre will be starting soon.

I find it weird that Giles is back now playing on the wing (and on the right I think) for the U23s. I had thought they would play a similar system to the first team this season.

Yeah I think Vinagre will be starting soon.

I find it weird that Giles is back now playing on the wing (and on the right I think) for the U23s. I had thought they would play a similar system to the first team this season.

We did in pre-season but we are still a RWB or 2 short in the U23's (so mirroring the 1st team in that sense)

We did in pre-season but we are still a RWB or 2 short in the U23's (so mirroring the 1st team in that sense)

Haven't we got a youngster who can't defend or cross who walks about with a dejected look on his face. (mirroring the 1st team) :icon_biggrin:

Oh fair enough. I'd have thought Buur would play that role in the side currently.

Seems odd that we'd fuck about with an outstanding talent in that way.

Back