• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wingback looks the big weak spot to me.

Doherty does the leg work but productivity not great and old defensive frailties may return under increased pressure in the Premier League. You'd think after the unfortunate failure of Ofusu-Ayeh they'd have been determined but nothing doing last January and now Jonny looks like he might be dragged to the other side instead. Have concerns with him being used on the left with it not being his natural side, makes it difficult to offer real width when first instinct is always to come back onto the right foot. He looks a tidy footballer so doubt he'll really let anyone down but be interesting to see whether that natural bias takes something away from the team as a whole.

They were key roles in the team last year and ones that most people would've identified as reasonably urgent upgrades but at the moment it's looking like they've stood still, certainly not gained any depth there.

It's the Saïss/Doherty partnership rather than just Saïss that looks dodgy to me.

Yeah, like the channel of doom when we had Batth/Doherty next to each other in a back four (outside League One).

Doherty is not going to be good enough but we are where we are on that. Either Vinagre steps up or we have to hope we can mask the former's deficiencies (again).

There’s a wolves fan going mad on Facebook saying Fulham have made wolves look like they have no ambition and we’ve had a poor window etc. Amusing read if anyone needs a giggle!

There’s a wolves fan going mad on Facebook saying Fulham have made wolves look like they have no ambition and we’ve had a poor window etc. Amusing read if anyone needs a giggle!

Fulham have signed almost a new team - how quickly can they put it together though?

QPR spunked a load of cash on random individuals a few seasons ago - that didn’t end well.

Fulham play very open football, I can see them being slapped a few times early on if they carry on the same way. Joe Bryan is a nice footballer but he's very, very suspect defensively. Sessegnon will need to offer a lot more in that respect than he did last season, and he's a poor defender too. We murdered him at Molineux.

They've traditionally started slowly under Jokanovic too, which they'll need to address.

Really not sure what to think of Fulham's business. My gut feeling is that, while our First XI is probably superior, in terms of squad depth there's not a huge difference.

Only thing I do feel confident saying is that it's made things even more uncomfortable for the Cardiffs, Huddersfields, and Bournemouths of the league. Both us and Fulham will be have mid-table as a minimum expectation.

Stuff like that doesn't make me giggle, it boils my piss. Yes there are a couple of minor concerns regarding the wingback positions (they may turn out to be major issues, it may turn out we're worrying about nothing) but just look at the fucking squad we have! Some people just have to fucking moan regardless of what we do, and the most embarrassing thing about it is the club can see it and it's not just one or two people spouting that shit. I often wonder if Jeff and Laurie and co ever read this drivel and think 'Fuck it, why bother?'

If we'd signed a wingback they'd moan we hadn't signed a striker.

If we'd signed Ronaldo, they'd moan we didn't sign Messi as cover

I'm disappointed we didn't sign a wingback. Not going to moan because I'd already started to prepare my mind and body for Doherty being a Prem starter but I still am a little bit.

Yes, very good window, just squad depth a bit worrying in places. And as a football fan you always want one of two more signings. Zinchenko would have answered a lot of the squad questions though and another striker would have been nice as I fear Leo will not score enough (or possibly at all).

I'm disappointed we didn't sign a wingback. Not going to moan because I'd already started to prepare my mind and body for Doherty being a Prem starter but I still am a little bit.

I think Nuno will try Adama as a wingback. That would be risk maybe but i see lot of similarties to Victor Moses there.

I think it is far more likely that we will see Ryan Bennett at right wingback (though not so much the wing part) than we will see Adama Traore there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back