• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2023/24

To be fair he's done a good job at Stevenage, the massive crook.

I've never worked out why he was always so disarmingly nice about Wolves whenever we played one of his teams :D "They're a fantastic football club, a real credit to the game". What is it you want, Steve. Spit it out.

he has. I do fear for Stevenage now though, he’s had them punching above their weight and the style of play never really feels sustainable anyway.

He LOVES us.

Seemed oddly happy if we beat his team as well

This was an Evans team. Some of the most comically inept defending you'll see at a decent level. Yeah, leave a load of space in behind for that front three to run into. We weren't even any good in general and won 5-0.

Steve Evans' Rotherham team stayed in a hotel in Dunblane (my home town) when they were doing a pre season tour of Scotland. The entire squad & backroom staff rented out a back room at a local curry house and ate there every single night for 2 weeks.

My big takeaway from that is I’d forgotten Doyle was involved the last few games of the season. Was pretty odd.

I had to do a double take watching Rajiv dribble again; looked so like Cunha carrying the ball for a half-second.

Not comparing their quality, mind!

This was an Evans team. Some of the most comically inept defending you'll see at a decent level. Yeah, leave a load of space in behind for that front three to run into. We weren't even any good in general and won 5-0.

That opener from Afobe was peak Wolves under Jackett. Incredible pass by KMac.

That opener from Afobe was peak Wolves under Jackett. Incredible pass by KMac.
I really enjoyed 2014/15, that stupid Nov/Dec blip aside. We were a genuinely decent team.

Also just remembered that Rotherham had Connor Sammon up front in that game :D

images

I really enjoyed 2014/15, that stupid Nov/Dec blip aside. We were a genuinely decent team.

Also just remembered that Rotherham had Connor Sammon up front in that game :D

images
I can appreciate a man who takes holding pizza this seriously.

I can appreciate a man who takes holding pizza this seriously.
Can't remember if we've put it on here before...but there's a reason why he's holding it.

He was playing for Partick. He won Man of the Match. That was his prize.

This is why I warned you not to set the bar too high if you do come over here and use part of your trip to watch Scottish football :D

Can't remember if we've put it on here before...but there's a reason why he's holding it.

This is why I warned you not to set the bar too high if you do come over here and use part of your trip to watch Scottish football :D
Yeah Al, stay South of the border and go to Carlisle where the MOTM gets a curry

1713359943450.png

Frankly, I approve of foodstuff as a trophy.

He's only looking pissed off because it's Pizza Express. I reckon he's more of a pizza crunch man myself.

I mean MOTM prize hilarity aside, imagine watching a game where you nod along and say "yes, Connor Sammon was the best player out there today".
I’ve had that thought about Bradley Wright-Phillips so I assume it’s kinda similar

Back