• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

Dementia since 2015, so many ex footballers succumbing to it.

I wasn't sure if this should go on the car thread, but Paulo Pininfarina, aged 65 years.

Former American footballer and actor O.J. Simpson has died at the age of 76, according to reports...

The court didn’t agree in the criminal proceedings. God knows how but there you go.

Definitely and without dispute an armed robber though

Just found out that before being an American footballer, OJ was a sprinter, in 1967 he took part in a race that was won by a British athlete in 10.2 seconds, the second time he’d run that in a year.
The British athlete was Menzies “ming” Campbell the ex Lib Dem leader!

I think I’d run 100 metres in 10.2 seconds if I knew I had OJ Simpson chasing me.

Ooh Tony’s going to be having a dig at you as well, that reply came up in the comments, you could at least credit the bloke who said it.

Was quite proud of that but should’ve realised, it is a bit of a tap-in to be fair.

Cricketer Derek Underwood. Holds the record for the most wickets for an England spinner (297).

Before my time but his career stats speak for themselves.

Although I believe he was pretty unique, bowled very fast for a spin bowler?

Before my time but his career stats speak for themselves.

Although I believe he was pretty unique, bowled very fast for a spin bowler?
I could never understand how he got so many wickets, didn't seem to have anything special but he was brilliant

Deadly Derek was definitely a hero of mine in the 60s and 70s. A 'slow' left-arm spinner who bowled closer to medium pace. Oh for the days of uncovered wickets.

Dickey Betts, aged 80 years, American guitarist, singer, songwriter and composer best known as a founding member of the Allman Brothers Band. Famous for his 'Ramblin Man' style of guitar playing epitomised in 'Jessica' (Top Gear theme).

Back