• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Stupid PSR means we can't do that. Not unless we fancy having a £15m hole in our accounts.

Just an awful signing and a complete wanker.

At the very least we know there are clubs interested in another loan for Guedes so we can get his wages off the bill for another season until his value depreciates enough to a point where a permanent transfer is a possibility.

We just need to hope he doesn't break again.

Stupid PSR means we can't do that. Not unless we fancy having a £15m hole in our accounts.
Jeff gets no pay until that £15m is covered. His fault, he pays.

Can start a petition for that

At the very least we know there are clubs interested in another loan for Guedes so we can get his wages off the bill for another season until his value depreciates enough to a point where a permanent transfer is a possibility.

We just need to hope he doesn't break again.
The thing is any club asking to loan the 1996 video game faced freak has us over a barrel.

We can't sell him because no-one will offer any money for him (the clubs that might inexplicably be interested don't have any, those who do would be as interested as I am in watching a triple bill of Starsailor, Toploader and Gomez) and he wouldn't be any use to us if he came back here. So why would you offer to cover 100% of his stupid wages, we'll be desperate to get rid by any means.

The thing is any club asking to loan the 1996 video game faced freak has us over a barrel.

We can't sell him because no-one will offer any money for him (the clubs that might inexplicably be interested don't have any, those who do would be as interested as I am in watching a triple bill of Starsailor, Toploader and Gomez) and he wouldn't be any use to us if he came back here. So why would you offer to cover 100% of his stupid wages, we'll be desperate to get rid by any means.

If Villarreal want to keep him, it's got to be a loan. I think there would be enough clubs interested in him to convince them to pay his wages (or at least a significant %) or they lose out to someone who will.

I dunno man, I'm not sure his mighty 2 goals for Villarreal are carrying that much weight.

He was a disaster for Benfica and I'd rather play the ghost of Paul Birch than him for Wolves.

I dunno man, I'm not sure his mighty 2 goals for Villarreal are carrying that much weight.

He was a disaster for Benfica and I'd rather play the ghost of Paul Birch than him for Wolves.
He's still rated in Spain though. There will definitely be clubs interested in a loan if they think he's over his injuries (or just to curry favour with Mendes).

Just checked and he has started 17 league games since we signed him, nearly two years ago. Who is paying £80k a week (conservatively) for that?

Well us, obviously, by default unless someone is really stupid.

He's still rated in Spain though. There will definitely be clubs interested in a loan if they think he's over his injuries (or just to curry favour with Mendes).
It says a lot about old mate that even he can't engineer a sale here.

Just checked and he has started 17 league games since we signed him, nearly two years ago. Who is paying £80k a week (conservatively) for that?

Well us, obviously, by default unless someone is really stupid.
Everton would have a couple of years ago. Maybe we can interest them? ;)

Back