• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Yeah if he really doesn't want to play for Wolves, then flogg him off to Villareal.
Not sure what a realistic amount of cash they can afford?

They don't have much, like most La Liga clubs. Alexander Sorloth is their biggest signing of the last two seasons and he was €10m. Mainly they deal in loans and frees.

Yeah, I was optimistic about Yerson and his chances here next season but as O'Neil has said we need everyone here to be fully on board. I've got absolutely no patience for any players who don't want to play for Wolves after the last few seasons and even less for those who feel free to talk about it openly in the press.

From the quote in the tweet I can't see what else he could/would say. I'd like to see the context of the interview before passing judgement.

From the quote in the tweet I can't see what else he could/would say. I'd like to see the context of the interview before passing judgement.
“I have expressed it before: I like Villarreal, LaLiga and I want to be able to continue providing what I can to the team. I know that not everything depends on me, but on my part, I leave everything open so that an agreement can be reached” -

They are asking for £125 to read that article (along with 2 years of access to their content). No ta.

“I have expressed it before: I like Villarreal, LaLiga and I want to be able to continue providing what I can to the team. I know that not everything depends on me, but on my part, I leave everything open so that an agreement can be reached” -
Seems fairly standard, I mean if you'd asked Trincao in April 2022 about his future he probably wouldn't have publicly ruled out staying at Wolves, but he knew and we knew that there was no chance he was staying.

Edit: Near enough, from March 2022:

But with a £25m option-to-buy clause in his Wolves loan deal, could he see himself back at Molineux next season?

"I'm just focusing on the things I can control which is the present and I'm trying hard to give my best and that's all I'm thinking right now."

(He also says a load of deluded shite, the pencil necked gimp)

Seems fairly standard, I mean if you'd asked Trincao in April 2022 about his future he probably wouldn't have publicly ruled out staying at Wolves, but he knew and we knew that there was no chance he was staying.
I disagree, the club have made it clear it's a loan to come back and compete. Twice he's said he'd prefer to stay there, so let him. Trincao is a good example of why we should

Sell him with an obligation that Villarreal take guedes on loan again with an obligation to purchase when they can afford to.

- Maybe could have said..... - I have expressed it before: I like Villarreal, LaLiga and I want to be able to continue providing what I can to the team whilst I'm here. I know that I am a Wolves player, but on my part, I'd be open to an agreement being reached that would allow me to stay”

- leaves all options open without alienating the club where he is at. It will also have been translated so there will be a degree of artistic licence to put it back into English. if he is of the opinion that he'd sooner be elsewhere rather than at Wolves then I agree he can go.

Sell him with an obligation that Villarreal take guedes on loan again with an obligation to purchase when they can afford to.
Throw Brereton Diaz in the mix too as it seems that's the kind of shop we're buying in now.

Throw Brereton Diaz in the mix too as it seems that's the kind of shop we're buying in now.
In a naive scenario where we sign a starting centre forward plus 1 other, I'd prefer him to Adams, although he'll cost money up front, whereas Adams won't. Salary probably cheaper though

They didn't pay for him and he was a total failure there, so don't think he'd be valued especially highly in one of these player-exchange deals that never happen.

He's quite a lot better than Adams IMO.

In a naive scenario where we sign a starting centre forward plus 1 other, I'd prefer him to Adams, although he'll cost money up front, whereas Adams won't. Salary probably cheaper though
Yeah I would too, he's the better all round footballer.

I'm sure Mosquera just wants to play. Since he knows he can get that for sure at Villareal then you'd expect those comments. If O'Neil made it clear he'd be coming back to play every week I'm sure he'd want to play here too.

I'm sure Mosquera just wants to play. Since he knows he can get that for sure at Villareal then you'd expect those comments. If O'Neil made it clear he'd be coming back to play every week I'm sure he'd want to play here too.
Thats the thing I suppose, he thinks he's gunna get regular game time there, no way Gaz is gunna guarantee that, so he'll be first change at best, maybe even behind Santi.

Back