• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I'm sure Mosquera just wants to play. Since he knows he can get that for sure at Villareal then you'd expect those comments. If O'Neil made it clear he'd be coming back to play every week I'm sure he'd want to play here too.

Perhaps he hasn't taken to English language/culture/climate as he'd hoped and would prefer a different environment?

Depends. If we go with 3 CBs, he could be first choice RCB.
Assuming his defending is actually up to standard (hard to tell from YouTube highlights and the like, I haven't seen him play a full game for Cincinnati or Villarreal) then I'd hope so given his physical attributes. We struggle now at times because all our CHs bar Toti turn like milk, we absolutely can't play any kind of high line against anyone.

Depends if they have a kilman sale in mind or not, and Dawson ain't getting any younger.

Seems to be a fair bit of noise about a new keeper. Which is fine by me providing we get recruitment right, Sa is too unreliable and dreadful with the ball at his feet, and at 31 this is getting towards being our last chance to bring in some decent money for him (just show some idiot club the YouTube clips of his good bits).

We also need a better back up no matter what (doubt Sa would stick around to be #2).

I think Forest will back for him if they stay up. They seem to have a couple of duds at the moment

Outside of that, I would say a Saudi move to ensure we got the ££ we want for him.

Slight issue with that is

a) Forest might be Championship by then
b) They have kind of pissed all the money they had and will require for the next 3 years up a very large wall made out of players they didn't really need

Sell Sá to Forest for €20m

/fin

Slight issue with that is

a) Forest might be Championship by then
b) They have kind of pissed all the money they had and will require for the next 3 years up a very large wall made out of players they didn't really need
I bet the impending next 2pt deduction is terrifying them.

Priority 1 - Fosun call Jeff back to China on a one way ticket
then sort out the other weaknesses in the group

Back