• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

If we get full whack for Sa via Jorge...what will he want in return?

Why loan Hoever out again, you must know by now. Either he's up to it (2 seasons here and 2 seasons at Stoke) or he isn't, a year somewhere else teaches you literally nothing when he's already 22.
Eventually Semedo will leave and Jeff can force GO to back up his promise?

Why loan Hoever out again, you must know by now. Either he's up to it (2 seasons here and 2 seasons at Stoke) or he isn't, a year somewhere else teaches you literally nothing when he's already 22.
They may keep him if they can’t find a wing-back, although we’re always heavily linked with Rodrigo Gomes.
They feel he’s really matured in the second half of this season and don’t want to give up on the investment, unless somebody decides to offer very good money.

I mean if he is good enough (I don't think he is) it might be handy to have an actual alternative to Semedo rather than League of Ireland Matt.

Semedo didn't play on Saturday and might not play on Wednesday because we've had to absolutely run him into the ground, because the "back up" is a pile of fucking shit.

Speaking to somebody over the weekend, the definite intention is to bulk the squad to around 23/24 next season.

Looking at 5 or 6 incomings and the likes of Mosquera and Chiquinho back.
Expecting Neto and Sarabia to leave. Hoping for another year at least from RAN and Joao Gomes but obviously depends if any big clubs come in with big bids.

Goalkeeper (Sa sold)
Right wing-back (Hoever loan)
Centre Mid (Traore loan)
Attacking midfielder
Two Strikers
Obviously depending on who the incomers are, that's as good as we could expect.

They may keep him if they can’t find a wing-back, although we’re always heavily linked with Rodrigo Gomes.
They feel he’s really matured in the second half of this season and don’t want to give up on the investment, unless somebody decides to offer very good money.
I sort of get it but he was £9m (no way he's met any add ons) 4 years ago! What's done is done.

Speaking to somebody over the weekend, the definite intention is to bulk the squad to around 23/24 next season.

Looking at 5 or 6 incomings and the likes of Mosquera and Chiquinho back.
Expecting Neto and Sarabia to leave. Hoping for another year at least from RAN and Joao Gomes but obviously depends if any big clubs come in with big bids.

Goalkeeper (Sa sold)
Right wing-back (Hoever loan)
Centre Mid (Traore loan)
Attacking midfielder
Two Strikers
This is good news, even better would be adding at least one CH.

I sort of get it but he was £9m (no way he's met any add ons) 4 years ago! What's done is done.
As you like to remind people it needs someone actually willing to buy him, and pay what we think he's worth given our initial investment. Championship clubs don't have a lot of money for transfers, as you also like to say.

The point is surely if we have blown our wad in Hoever we might as well have him here rather than you know who and that is because championship clubs cannot afford to make good our transfer boo boo

O’Neil may be able to get something out of Hoever, after all Lopetegui thought Ait Nouri was shit and now, if you believe the press gossip, top 4 Premier League Clubs are interested.

No brainer. Just to annoy Jinky I'd still flip him IF we were run properly and were serious about building a complimentary squad. Sell him for £8m, £2m in the bank for doing nothing and bring in players who are more similar to Lemina and Gomes to back them up when out.

I think Doyle is a decent enough player and I don't think having a different style of player to Gomes and Lemina for certain situations is a bad thing. He's definitely not the finished article but at 22 I'm sure he can be improved and get better naturally with experience. Under 5m is good value, unless a player is coming to the end of a contract or coming towards the end of their career it probably doesn't buy you much now at this level.

I wouldn’t flip Doyle, I’d definitely keep him.

I think he’s done pretty well this season - admittedly lots of his game that needs improving but he’s been neat and tidy, plays the game the right way and has never let us down.

Absolutely more than sufficient for a squad player for where we are now - bit more pace and physicality and he’ll get even better.

£4.3m is cracking business by us, but the caveat being we’ve got to give City 50% of whatever we end up selling him for (that’s how it works, right?). If that’s the case, we’ll want a minimum of £10m+ later down the line so we get our money back and some profit.

Ultimately, Doyle is a young English midfielder who has already proven he can hack it in the Premier League. He has potential to get better, increase his value & he seems fairly low maintenance to me. All that for under £5m is fairly unheard of in this day & age.

As I’ve said before, when you build a squad at this level, you need players like Doyle. He’s not a player that you’d want to see starting every week, but he’s someone who you’d have no qualms about playing to cover injuries/suspensions/squad rotation or by bringing off the bench to replace someone else. If you don’t have good depth within the squad with players like him, you end up in a scenario like we’ve seen this season, where we have literal schoolboys sitting on the bench that are no real viable option at all.

I would take him for the fee as it's quite low and we do need depth, but I'm not that keen on the player to be honest. He's rather slow with the ball and his output needs improving. Reminds of Gallagher at Chelsea and not in a good way.

I’m happy with him as back up. He’s improved through the games he’s played I think though I think he’s still too easy to play through. I can see the sense in loaning Boubacar and having Doyle + a new CM to challenge Lemina and Gomes. Probably needs to be in a similar mould to Traore but better technically.

£4.3m is cracking business by us, but the caveat being we’ve got to give City 50% of whatever we end up selling him for (that’s how it works, right?). If that’s the case, we’ll want a minimum of £10m+ later down the line so we get our money back and some profit.

Ultimately, Doyle is a young English midfielder who has already proven he can hack it in the Premier League. He has potential to get better, increase his value & he seems fairly low maintenance to me. All that for under £5m is fairly unheard of in this day & age.

As I’ve said before, when you build a squad at this level, you need players like Doyle. He’s not a player that you’d want to see starting every week, but he’s someone who you’d have no qualms about playing to cover injuries/suspensions/squad rotation or by bringing off the bench to replace someone else. If you don’t have good depth within the squad with players like him, you end up in a scenario like we’ve seen this season, where we have literal schoolboys sitting on the bench that are no real viable option at all.
It will be profit on sale for any sell on clause.

Back