• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves: Mario Lemina

Lgp0Vw.gif

Jinky's starting on Wolves topics, wait till he brings the big guns out and digs up a post from the 'Things That Make You HAPPY' thread to highlight he doesn't always moan ;)

I'm not saying you moan Jinks, but if they announced World Peace you'd probably have something to say about redundancies at BAE Systems ;)

That was the best performance I have seen from a Wolves midfielder since Moutinho in his prime. Absolutely fabulous.

Must be tough times playing at the moment for him with his Dad being ill.

Saints fans general consensus is he’s very talented but either a 2 out of 10 or 9 out of 10 in terms of performance and more of the former than the latter which is why he hasn’t been a success. We’ll see, hopefully he becomes a good signing for us
My in-laws are Southampton fans. They reckon his attitude is terrible and like you said, he's inconsistent.

Obviously it's not been our experience of him. In the year he's been with Wolves he's ranged from a 7/10 to a 10/10 and his attitude has been excellent.

I guess he's grown up a lot since his saints days.

My in-laws are Southampton fans. They reckon his attitude is terrible and like you said, he's inconsistent.

Obviously it's not been our experience of him. In the year he's been with Wolves he's ranged from a 7/10 to a 10/10 and his attitude has been excellent.

I guess he's grown up a lot since his saints days.
Yeah it was reported at the time we signed him he'd grown up a lot, maybe became a dad which helped him? Whichever, he's been fabulous for us. Hoping he's got another couple of seasons in him at this level.

Clearly has matured and added physicality and consistency to his game. An unbelievable performer in almost every game in 2023.

A very odd career record though that's littered with regular moves up and down the pyramid across several different leagues and countries with 40-60 games seemingly the maximum number of times he turns out for every team (Lorient 49, Marseille 55, Juve 44, Southampton 52, loans at Galatasaray/Fulham 28/30, Nice 58, Wolves 36+).

Agent issues or financial reasons? I seem to remember Kanchelskis moving regularly with agent pressures for signing on fees being touted as the reason. Let's hope Mario's performance level for us continues and he bucks his previous trend.

He's only 30, that's nothing these days with how players look after themselves. We didn't sign Moutinho until he was nearly 32 and we got five seasons out of him.
I guess his longevity will depend on him not picking up any bad injuries at this stage of his career, his style is very combative and athletic but maybe he can adapt as he gets older.

Yeah it was reported at the time we signed him he'd grown up a lot, maybe became a dad which helped him? Whichever, he's been fabulous for us. Hoping he's got another couple of seasons in him at this level.
I think moving to Wolverhampton and away from the “bright lights” has matured many players over recent years.

I think moving to Wolverhampton and away from the “bright lights” has matured many players over recent years.
There are brighter lights than Wolverhampton?
#livinginthesticks

Back