• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves: Mario Lemina

I'd like us to go without a no.1 gk again, love how that pissed everyone else off...

All I can recall is thinking that Lemina was Saints' best player when they were here a few years back. Given what I've read about his temperament, I was pleased to see he's been sent off just once (albeit for punching some guy in the 'groin'). I think we have enough strong characters at the club to keep him in line if needs be, and we could do with a bit of onfield, er, robustness. I hope we see him play tomorrow.

Mexican youth sides used to register their players with triple digit numbers.

I remember watching a CCL match back in the day and forward came on with number 295 on his shirt.

I think we'll be pleasantly surprised with this one.

I think there'll be a couple of signings (this one and probably whichever experienced CB we pick up) that won't seem glamorous in isolation, but could well be really important cogs in the team. JL knows what he's doing, I'm sure

Bloody hell, we should have kept 5 for our new CB.
Think he's a decent option for cover and bringing on second half, sensible price too.

My dad is called Mario, I'm sure this is the first Mario to play for Wolves

Welcome Maz!

Saints fans general consensus is he’s very talented but either a 2 out of 10 or 9 out of 10 in terms of performance and more of the former than the latter which is why he hasn’t been a success. We’ll see, hopefully he becomes a good signing for us

Le-mi-na is Wanderers' number nine?

Welcome Mario. I have a feeling this may be quite an astute signing. Premier League experience too so he will adjust quickly.

You know if he does a good job for us at some point he’ll become super Mario

Whilst not a player that was on my radar or wish list, I had been a big proponent for more depth and viewing our previous injury record as partially luck that has now started to regress to a normal level. Hence the need for more quality behind the starting 11. So I am pleased with this from that regard.

I think we'll see Mario used in a fair few different positions given the way they've talked up his versatility. Full back, wing back, centre of a back 3 as well as the Hodge role

Good signing IMO. Not all signings need to be ‘superstars’ or ‘wow’. Some signings who can fill different positions, not flashy but steady can be just as important.

Offers something different and versatile. As others have said, not likely on their hit list, but apparent J’dizzle tried to get him to Sevilla so he obviously wants him. Can’t complain.

Back