• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Matheus Cunha

A welcome addition - whether he can provide the goals we need we will find out, but it's got to be better than doing nothing on our part

Nice Christmas release

Welcome to Wolves Matheus.

Exciting signing, hopefully he unlocks his potential and fires us to safety. With the position we're in and the money we've spent on him we need him to have a similar impact to Bruno Guimarães at Newcastle last year.

Never heard of him before we were linked. It seems JL was really keen to get him in so if nothing else it shows we're really backing JL.

Hope he delivers!

Well, if the two old gammons I overheard in the Co-op a few days ago are accurate in their assessment we've wasted our money on "another forriner that car score", then we're doomed. Surmised somewhat confusingly with a wonderfully conflated closing line of "same old shit you can shovel" 😜

Some of our fans are at it again on social media, days they been all “ announce Cunha” we announce him and they’re all “he’s not good enough, waste of money, another portugueser, we can sign other players apart from Portugal” etc etc

His record is a worry in the fact we’ve spent a lot of money on something not proven.

However, if you strip it back to goal contributions per minutes played he stacks up fairly well, just a very small amount to go on.

That being said, surely a positive the manager is being backed, as lop wouldn’t have come here if he was having no control you wouldn’t expect

Welcome and good luck. Hopefully there will be another forward incoming - or Raul has a miraculous return to pre-injury form - or his efforts alone won’t be enough to save us. Ignore the price tag and it’s a good signing as he must be more productive than those playing up front so far this season.

Fantastic English which I really didn’t expect. Cheers to Diego the loon for putting a good word in too!

Cunha is a Wolf, welcome to The Pack

His record is a worry in the fact we’ve spent a lot of money on something not proven.
The announcement itself doesn't say it is an obligation to buy, only if certain conditions are met. You'd assume the most likely condition built in for both parties is survival

Fantastic English which I really didn’t expect. Cheers to Diego the loon for putting a good word in too!
"He’s young, he’s hungry and he’s very personable. He spoke French to ‘Bouba’, he spoke German to Hee Chan, English, Spanish and Portuguese – I heard him speak five languages to five different players. Intelligent people make intelligent footballers, which is important for Julen, with the different roles all the players will be asked to do during specific matches.”

The announcement itself doesn't say it is an obligation to buy, only if certain conditions are met. You'd assume the most likely condition built in for both parties is survival
Fair point. I was going off previous comments.

Point still stands on backing Lop though. Which can only be a plus

Reactions: jlo
My excitement levels are low RE this signing, not a great deal jumps out from his highlight videos and his goal record isn't great. On the plus side he's a Brazillian international and I trust Lopetegui 1000 times more than Lage and he obviously wanted him.

Suppose it's a sign of how shit the clubs recent business has been that's dampened my expectations.

Massive pressure for any signings from here to be hits or we are fucked.

Win the next two then we have a great chance of some half decent players, lose the next two not even Lopetegui's pull could be strong enough. Could be 6/7 points off safety if things go completely tits up.

Getting a bit bored of Gary ‘unlocking’ of players. How about going the opposite way and locking Doc away.

Back