• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Burnley: Verdict Thread

I was right behind the second shot in the BW and thought it was going in. Given the deflection it was an excellent save so I find it rather uncharitable to not give Bentley due credit.

I was right behind the second shot in the BW and thought it was going in. Given the deflection it was an excellent save so I find it rather uncharitable to not give Bentley due credit.
They were good saves, just think it's gone a bit over the top.

I feel that if Sa had made the same saves it wouldn't have got anywhere near the hype.

Although I appreciate that's because the expectations of Bentley are much lower given his Everton and Ipswich errors.

I feel that if Sa had made the same saves it wouldn't have got anywhere near the hype.

Although I appreciate that's because the expectations of Bentley are much lower given his Everton and Ipswich errors.
I’ve been as critical of him as most on here and my expectations of him are low but from the angle behind you could see how his view was obstructed and that he got down to it really quickly.

disagree. I was right behind them in the south bank, and it was pretty universal from everyone around us at the time it was a really good piece of goalkeeping, at a pretty critical time (Burnley were building a head of steam imo).
Suspect whoever made the saves would have got plaudits.

Its quality keeping whether it is Bentely, Sa, Ederson or Lonners making the saves.

The 2nd one is top drawer, especially with the deflection. To get up and get set as quickly as he did after first was impressive. Nothing to do with low expectations that he is praised IMO

The more I watch this, the more I think they were both fairly routine saves?

The first one he spreads himself well, it is straight at him though.

The second one is a save I'd expect any keeper at this level to make? It would have looked awful if that sneaked in the corner.

To be fair though, after the Ipswich performance they're not saves I'd have thought he was capable of though.
I think that’s harsh. The 2nd one is a very good save IMV.

Anyway, splitting hairs. A clean sheet is a good clean sheet, a saves a good save etc etc

I think that’s incredibly harsh, both great reflexes and a classic case of jumping back up after one good save to make another.
If you’re not giving credit for this then I’m not sure what you can give credit for?

I think that’s incredibly harsh, both great reflexes and a classic case of jumping back up after one good save to make another.
If you’re not giving credit for this then I’m not sure what you can give credit for?
Read the first 4 words of the post you quoted (y)

Last edited:
He is doing that old skool thing where you mocked a mate for being shit at something...then realised he should actually support him

Wearing a baseball cap with a suit all season too. You're no Jerry St Clair son.

pnight1f.jpg

If our strikers had missed those two chances Bentley saved they'd be getting pelters. Especially if it was Fabio.

Both excellent saves in my book.

Read the first 4 words of the post you quoted (y)
You’ve given credit then pretty much retracted it by saying he’s of poor standard.
I also disagree if Sa makes those saves he gets credit to.

You’ve given credit then pretty much retracted it by saying he’s of poor standard.
I also disagree if Sa makes those saves he gets credit to.
Well he is of a poor standard generally.

He also has a severe inability to command his box.

But yes, he made 2 good saves on Tuesday, let's hope he can continue in that vein moving forward, and having a run of games will help with that.

Well he is of a poor standard generally.

He also has a severe inability to command his box.

But yes, he made 2 good saves on Tuesday, let's hope he can continue in that vein moving forward, and having a run of games will help with that.
Judah put a poll on Twitter about who should play on Saturday if Sa is 💯 fit. 65% said Bentley, I find that bonkers

Judah put a poll on Twitter about who should play on Saturday if Sa is 💯 fit. 65% said Bentley, I find that bonkers
Yeah, if Sa is fit he plays. Was still two cracking saves by Bentley on Tues, though. Second more than the first as the first was smacked straight at him.

It's Sa, obviously. Otherwise you're in that stupid trap of playing someone you know is worse because they haven't done anything wrong...and waiting for them to do something wrong, which will likely materially cost us.

"Phenomenal", "absolutely brilliant", "absolutely outstanding."

As I watched it at home and heard all this, maybe it's why I'm a grumpy old man and think it was a little hyperbolic 👴

Screenshot_20231207_204705_Facebook.jpg

Back